Junior Marketing Photographer
Grand Canyon Education, formerly part of Grand Canyon University, became its own entity in July 2018 after the HLC approved GCU’s application to become a nonprofit institution. GCE will work in close partnership with GCU. Moreover, many positions with GCE are located on GCU’s main campus.
Grand Canyon Education is seeking a Jr Marketing Photographer. This entry level role in the photography department will work on a wide variety of creative projects, which will consist of photographing events, photographing people and structures for placement in the university’s web sites and print materials. This role will sometimes work alone on assigned project shoots which will be determined by the complexity of the shoot and client requirements and will collaboratively work as a member of the creative photography team to meet client needs.
*Submit a link or attachment to an online portfolio to be considered.
- Provides photographic services for assigned projects which may occur on-location, off-site or in studio; produces images in the appropriate photographic techniques, e.g., action shooting, life styles, night scenes, etc.
- Produces desired photographic results requested by clients by posing subjects and arranging objects in the most favorable setting taking into account lighting, background and other influencing conditions and adjusts cameras, attachments and lights as appropriate.
- Attends and participates in creative planning meetings and project-related coordination meetings to understand the purpose, concept and requirements of upcoming photo shoots.
- Works collaboratively with stakeholders to create shot-lists and other strategies for upcoming photo shoots to achieve the necessary quality.
- Takes multiple photographs as part of each assignment to provide editors, writers and others with options, and after client selection enhances the quality of digital images as appropriate to prepare them for publication.
- Collaborates with photography team on large-scale campaigns, provides additional project support as needed and shares information on all projects with photography team.
- Participates thoughtfully with ideas and concepts in creative brainstorming meetings.
- Utilizes image asset database system for archival and follows standard naming convention to ensure ease of access by all users.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Photography, Photojournalism, Fine Arts or a related area preferred OR 2 years’ experience with various types of photography with both natural and studio lighting, environmental and architectural, candid’s, images of objects, on-location, crowd shots, etc. preferred.
- A combination of experience and education may be substituted upon supervisor’s approval.
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Reliable transportation in order to drive to and from various off-site locations.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule to meet deadlines which may include evening and weekend hours.
- Must have portfolio that shows experience with mulita-image and multi media work products.
- Basic understanding of photography and producing photography for wide range of subjects and live events.
- Basic understanding of Photoshop software suite or similar and editing software. Proficiency with Adobe is helpful but not required.
- Proficient with MAC OSX platform with basic computer skills with MS Office, Internet, Web Browsers, email, etc.
- Basic understanding of conventional photo developing techniques and photofinishing.
- Willingness to enhance photography skills by working with others and keeping abreast of enhancements to digital technology and applying to work.
- Must be physically able to capture shots which may involve climbing to reach heights and/or moving body in laying or bending positions; all requiring mental and physical reflexes to capture moving and fluctuating images.
- Ability to accept constructive criticism and/or rejection of photos with a positive attitude.
- Outstanding and positive interpersonal and communications skills in order to work collaboratively, harmoniously and professionally with a wide variety of people, staff, vendors, contract staff and other external contacts.
- Ability to deal with the unexpected in a calm and professional manner, including when working conditions and lighting levels are less than ideal and limited time is available.
- Must be able to cope with changing priorities effectively.
- Resourceful with excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Submit a link or attachment to an online portfolio to be considered.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000020277