Grand Canyon Education's IT Business Solutions department is seeking a Junior Developer. This position works under supervision with the development teams to develop robust, reliable, and scalable software applications.
- Assist in development and customization of .Net Applications which may involve SharePoint solutions: Web Part Development, Business Intelligence solutions, PerformancePint, SQL Server Reporting Services, Event Receivers, Microsoft CRM, Workflow, InfoPath Forms services, SharePoint Designer, Metadata and Content Type Configuration, user interface development.
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable and reliable code for assigned projects.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality and responsiveness of applications.
- Installation and configuration of assigned application environments.
- Ability to work with third party vendors/applications, and other industry tools as needed.
- Able to interface and effectively integrate Microsoft Office product suite.
- Confer with users and team members to develop, understand and update requirements for configuration and development of software.
- Write and maintain programming documentation on subjects including code, API functionality, and software issue creation/resolution.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to information being processed, stored or accessed.
- Maintain, support and troubleshoot Web applications hosted on a software as a service platform.
- Identify opportunities for application scalability, sustainability & improvement.
- Evaluate customer or internally drive functionality change requests for technical feasibility and level of effort.
- Prepare database schema for review and deployment.
- Execute programming updates for application updates or enhancements per project.
- Conduct application software testing, prototype review, and quality assurance for stage and production release and post release monitoring and follow up.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (computer science, information technology, etc.) from a regionally accredited institution.
- Refer to technical essentials required for specific developer role.
- Basic technical knowledge of current software protocols, business platforms, middleware, internet standards, and database software.
- Knowledge of all basic Object Oriented Concept and programming.
- Experience with scripting (Python, Perl, or Bash).
- SQL experience and basic understanding of relational databases.
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking.
- Experience with version control software.
- Experience with multiple architectures, particularly PowerPC or ARM.
- Experience with Linux and Angular.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.