Junior Database Developer
Grand Canyon Education (GCE ) is currently seeking a Junior Database Developer. This position is responsible for managing and organizing electronic data according to corporate data administration policies and standards in order to ensure that the information needs of the users are met.
- Works with the infrastructure DBA to ensure the performance, availability, and security of the database.
- Writes and understands Microsoft SQL. Writing SQL statements, stored procedures and views using industry best practices for security and efficiency.
- Provides junior level support for reporting needs.
- Provides user support associated with development activities.
- Responsible for first level troubleshooting and problem solving of SQL development.
- Provides junior level database administration support to 3rd party vendors, developers and others as needed. Works with implementation team to build, customize and roll out new solutions to organization and with consultants to design and build database structure specific to business needs.
- Continues to enhance skills through self-directed professional reading and researching available tools and products, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as assigned by the Senior Database Analyst.
- Contributes to the overall success of the IT Department by performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related technical discipline acquired through a regionally accredited institution is preferred
- BI/Data warehousing experience on Microsoft tools is preferred.
- Some experience with Transactional SQL (T-SQL) and SSIS Packages is preferred.
- Practical experience in managing the internal and external and MS SQL database security, maintenance plans and disaster recovery.
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends, holidays as required to provide support and maintenance for systems, and to ensure 24/7 support and troubleshooting of business-critical database servers.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.