Junior Counselor - Special Project and Qualifying Specialists (NFWS)
The Junior Counselors will work as part of a team supporting the traditional ground campus at large enroll qualified students to attend. To do so, you must be able to interact well with potential students and in limited cases their families, and the administration at the student’s school over the telephone. This position will be heavily outbound in its efforts to help guide students and families through GCUs admission process. Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is seeking Junior Counselors (JC) to support the mission of Grand Canyon University through GCE's Student Contact Center. NOTE: The purpose of this position is to prepare student workers for internal and external, full-time positions after graduation. This position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship. Therefore, F-1 students will not be considered for this position. F-1 students may apply to other student worker positions.
Primary Responsibilities/Accountabilities/Essential Functions:
- Effectively builds relationships and trust over the phone with students, parents, or high school administrators, who may not be familiar with GCU while sharing their GCU student experience.
- Proficient use of University systems to execute multiple tasks for recruitment purposes including processing university information, communicating it with prospective students and families in an approachable/simplified manner to eliminate obstacles in the admissions process.
- Organizes time effectively so all prioritized work is completed in a timely manner and desired contact rates are achieved to ensure service quality.
- Discuss prospective student’s background, goals, and objectives to determine fit with GCU’s academic programs, while assisting with the collection of admissions paperwork and other documents so student milestones are achieved.
- Coordinate virtual and onsite visitations and meetings for University Admissions Counselors and at times transfer student inquiries to assigned counselor depending on their area of interest.
- May serve as the first point of contact for prospective students inquiring about various collegiate programs of study, while working in a team environment, often communicating with other campus departments and leadership.
Equipment Used and Responsibility:
- MS Office
- Jabber phone system
- Ideal candidate is highly motivated, with a passion for student success and GCU’s Christian mission.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Computer Skills: Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite; other systems knowledge desired.
- Writing and Communication Skills: Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Monday - Thursday: 9:00 am - 7:00 pm, Friday: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm, Saturday 9am-1pm. Shifts may vary based on the business needs.
Grand Canyon Education is committed to a student first policy. Therefore, all applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements to be considered for student employment:
- Enrolled at GCU as a full-time student (online or campus) in a Bachelor’s program or Master’s program.
- Retain a 2.0 GPA as a Bachelor level student or a 3.0 GPA as a Master level student.
- Maintain good financial and academic (SAP) standing with the University.
You may be subject to termination if you fall below the minimum requirements.
- Sitting: 6-8 hours a day depending on your work schedule.
Pay Rate: Minimum Wage
Anticipated End Date: June 30, 2023