Junior Counselor - Admissions Support (NFWS)
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is seeking Junior Admission Support Counselors (JC) to reinforce the mission of Grand Canyon University through GCE's Student Contact Center. Junior Counselors will work closely with full-time University Admissions Counselors to assist with student registration, while providing additional assistance to support various student recruiting activities. NOTE: The purpose of this position is to prepare student workers for internal and external, full-time positions after graduation, as this position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship; therefore, F-1 students will not be considered for this position and F-1 students may apply to other student worker positions.
Primary Responsibilities/Accountabilities/Essential Functions:
- Effectively builds relationships and trust over the phone with students, parents, or high school administrators, who may not be familiar with GCU while sharing their GCU student experience.
- Proficient use of University systems to execute multiple tasks for recruitment purposes.
- Organizes time effectively so all prioritized work is completed in a timely manner and desired contact rates are achieved to ensure service quality.
- Guiding prospective students through the free application and enrollment process to eliminate any obstacles or misunderstandings in the admissions process while assisting with the collection of admissions paperwork and other documents so student milestones are achieved.
- Coordinate virtual and onsite visitations and meetings for University Admissions Counselors.
- May serve as the first point of contact for prospective students inquiring about various collegiate programs of study while working directly with local and out of state potential students who have either graduated High School, or are approaching their graduation date.
Equipment Used and Responsibility:
- MS Office
- Quick Connect
- Jabber Phone System
- Ideal candidate is highly motivated, with a passion for student success and GCU’s Christian mission.
- Excellent communication skills with a strong ability to multitask throughout your shift.
- Computer Skills: Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite; other systems knowledge desired.
- Writing and Communication Skills: Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Monday - Thursday: 9:00 am - 7:00 pm, Friday: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm, Saturday 9am-1pm. Shifts may vary based on the business needs.
Grand Canyon Education is committed to a student first policy. Therefore, all applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements to be considered for student employment:
- Enrolled at GCU as a full-time student (online or campus) in a Bachelor’s program or Master’s program.
- Retain a 2.0 GPA as a Bachelor level student or a 3.0 GPA as a Master level student.
- Maintain good financial and academic (SAP) standing with the University.
You may be subject to termination if you fall below the minimum requirements.
- Sitting: 6 - 8 hours a day depending on your work schedule.
Pay Rate: Minimum Wage
Anticipated End Date: Position opened year round
Manager: Student Contact Center - Admissions Support Manager