Grand Canyon Education, formerly part of Grand Canyon University, became its own entity in July 2018 after the HLC approved GCU’s application to become a nonprofit institution. GCE will work in close partnership with GCU. Moreover, many positions with GCE are located on GCU’s main campus.
Grand Canyon Education’s Procurement Department is seeking a full-time Junior Buyer. This role supports the procurement department system in the routine purchases of products and services for GCU by using established procedures to perform job duties and perform administrative activities.
- Creates and reviews purchase orders.
- Researches, interviews, and communicates with suppliers to obtain prices and specifications.
- Assists Buyers in the research and preparation of specifications and requests.
- Researches products and services which meet departmental specifications and meet end user’s needs.
- Informs departmental personnel and suppliers regarding requisitioned products or services.
- Provides administrative support to department team as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to utilize correct grammar in submitting written purchase orders and confirming purchase requirements via e-mail.
- Ability to be clear and concise in verbal communications to present a professional demeanor to all internal stakeholders and external vendors.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and ability to demonstrate behavior which represents customer service procurement standards.
- High attention to detail with the ability to track a high volume of purchase orders and customer requests in order to provide expected service deadlines.
- Strong mathematical ability: multiplication, addition and computation.
- Proficiency with computer systems and software including MS Office Suite software (Excel and Word)
- Ability to work with employees at all levels within the organization and maintain confidentiality of information.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, continually changing work environment and manage multiple priorities effectively.
- Ability to complete work within prescribed time constraints and meet deadlines.
- Able to be a team player in a highly cooperative team environment to serve GCU’s procurement needs.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background investigation(s)
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of one year of experience in customer service environment where duties involved reconciliation of invoices, orders and high interaction with public.
- An equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience may be substituted upon supervisor’s approval.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000023826