Jr. Graphic Designer
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff and faculty candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Grand Canyon Education, formerly part of Grand Canyon University, became its own entity in July 2018 after the Higher Learning Commission approved GCU’s application to become a nonprofit institution. GCE will work in close partnership with GCU. Moreover, many positions with GCE are located on GCU’s main campus.
Grand Canyon Education is seeking a Jr Graphic Designer. This entry level role in the graphic design department will work on a variety of projects, including presentations, proposals, brochures, signage, ads, posters, and digital billboards. While this role will work independently in executing the designs, this role will interface with members of the creative design team to meet GCU’s client department needs.
** Please attach copies of your portfolio to your application **
- Implement concept direction from senior designers to produce collateral including project flyers, posters, publications, brochures, presentations and ads within branding and standards.
- Revise ads as required through the proofing process, checking for missing elements, re-arranging copy blocks and other ad elements as needed.
- Assess requirements for project completion and make necessary requests for missing images or content from project team.
- Follow established proofing and approval procedures on all jobs; seeks proofing assistance as needed.
- Produce finished creatives and artwork for product and/or placement by ensuring that all creative materials is provided in correct format for publication including file preparation and output, prepress, and printing.
- Executes brand standards consistently across all creative materials.
- Actively communicate with Senior Designers and/or other project team members.
- Ensure pages are built correctly for print and can be exported properly for printing.
- Assist with keyword messaging, and manage and upload images into GCU’s digital asset management system.
- Assist with management of photo management system.
- Participate thoughtfully with ideas and concepts in creative brainstorming meetings.
- Prepares notes and instructions for print production which may include color specification, folds, bleeds and other print production instructions.
- Collaborate with design team on large-scale campaigns and provide additional project support as needed.
- Performs administrative duties including deadline management, proper organization and archiving of files, completes job logs and follows paperwork process accurately.
- Stay current with design trends and emerging design practices.
- 2 year degree in art related field.
- A combination of experience and education may be substituted upon supervisor’s approval.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in marketing or communications, preferably supporting multiple internal or external clients in a high traffic design environment if no degree.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
- Please attach copies of your portfolio to your application
- Please attach copies of your portfolio. Must have examples in a variety of medium (printed materials, advertisements, graphics, multimedia, etc.) which illustrates variety of layout and designs.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000016926