IT - Technical Support Representative (NFWS)
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is seeking a Technical Support Representative to support the mission of Grand Canyon University through GCE's IT department.
Technical Support’s goal is to remove technological stumbling blocks from students while they pursue their educational endeavors with Grand Canyon University.
Primary Responsibilities/Accountabilities/Essential Functions:
- Provide stellar customer service over the phone.
- Deliver excellent live chat support for all students.
- Utilize critical thinking to troubleshoot and resolve computer issues students may be having while using GCU systems.
- Become familiar with LMS, Student Portal, GCU Media, and eBooks.
Equipment Used and Responsibility:
- GCE Workstation
- MS Office
- Must be customer service focused.
- Must have a positive attitude and a willingness to learn new concepts.
- Must have basic knowledge of Microsoft Office programs such as: Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Must have basic knowledge of PC or Mac computer navigation.
- Must have the ability to think critically.
- Ability to type 30 wpm while interacting with callers and system-based tools.
- Must be willing to work some nights and/or weekends.
- May be required to take a job assessment test.
- Commitment to this role for at least one semester is strongly preferred.
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 6:00 am - 12:00 am
Saturday & Sunday: 7:00 am - 12:00 am
Grand Canyon Education is committed to a student first policy. Therefore, all applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements to be considered for student employment:
- Enrolled at GCU as a full-time student in a Bachelor’s program or Master’s program.
- Retain a 2.0 GPA as a Bachelor level student or a 3.0 GPA as a Master level student.
- Maintain good financial and academic (SAP) standing with the University.
You may be subject to termination if you fall below the minimum requirements.
- Sitting: up to 8 hours a day
- Standing: 0 hours a day
- Walking: 0 hours a day
- Lifting: Rarely
- Carrying: Rarely
- Pushing: Rarely
- Bending: Rarely
- Squatting: Rarely
- Kneeling: Rarely
- Climbing: Rarely
- Reaching: Rarely
- Grasping: Rarely
- Fine Eye to Hand Coordination: Continuously
- Driving: Rarely
- Work Environment: Office building on site. Work performed is primarily inside, subject to variations in temperature and weather, equipment noise and dust. Involves frequent positioning in front of a computer screen/monitor and keyboard/mouse.
Pay Rate: Minimum Wage
Anticipated End Date: June 30, 2023