IT Security - Security Operation Center Analyst (NFWS)
The SOC (Security Operations Center) Analyst within IT Security, serves as the tip of the spear for Security Operations, by triaging alerts and identifying potential attacks to escalate to Incident Response (IR). The position will serve as the interim Incident Response first line of defense until an IR expert or Engineer is on the line and able to assist, up to and including the authority to contain and isolate a potential attack.
Primary Responsibilities /Accountabilities/ Essential Functions:
1. Respond to alerts, triage potential incidents, and escalate or resolve as appropriate.
2. Understand the basics of key security and how to respond to incidents from these technology platforms.
3. Communicate alerts regarding intrusion and compromise attempts against the network infrastructure, applications, and operating systems along the escalation path to IR and Engineering or to Management as appropriate.
4. Coordinate with full-time analyst to help triage and resolve issues.
5. Other duties as assigned.
Equipment Used and Responsibility
- Cybersecurity ideas, best practices, and techniques.
- A good understanding of Information Technology and Networking.
- Exceptional ability to analyze information and pay attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to manage time and handle multiple tasks and priorities.
Grand Canyon University is committed to a student-first policy. Therefore, all applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements to be considered for student employment:
- Enrolled at GCU as a full-time student in a Bachelor’s program or Master’s program.
- Retain a 2.0 GPA as a Bachelor level student or a 3.0 GPA as a Master level student.
- Maintain good financial and academic (SAP) standing with the University.
You may be subject to termination if you fall below the minimum requirements.
- Sitting: 6-7 hours a day
- Standing: 1-2 hours a day
- Walking: 1-2 hours a day
- Lifting: Occasionally
- Carrying: Rarely
- Pushing: Rarely
- Bending: Rarely
- Squatting: Rarely
- Kneeling: Rarely
- Climbing: Rarely
- Reaching: Occasionally
- Grasping: Frequently
- Fine Eye to Hand Coordination: Continuously
- Driving: Rarely
- Work Environment: Office building on site. Work is performed primarily inside, subject to variations in temperature and weather, equipment noise and dust.
Pay Rate: Minimum Wage
Anticipated End Date: June 30, 2023