IT Security Analyst
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is an educational service company that provides an array of support services in the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still supports and works closely with GCU. GCE designs and develops educational programs for GCU and other traditional campus institutions, as well as online partner institutions at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels.
Grand Canyon Education is looking for an Information Security Analyst. This is a technical position within the Information Security Office requiring knowledge and hands-on experience with computer security controls and procedures, including: incident response, host-based and network-based security monitoring and intrusion detection, technical vulnerability assessment and vulnerability management controls, secure management and analysis of system and audit logs from applications, servers, and network equipment.
- Create, modify, and update Security Information Management (SIM) tool rules.
- Maintain web filtering applications
- Recognize potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises through reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
- Perform preliminary forensic evaluations of internal systems.
- Communicate alerts regarding intrusions and compromises to the network infrastructure, applications, and operating systems to appropriate personnel.
- Perform vulnerability scans and assist with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
- Perform periodic and on-demand system reviews and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file systems, and external web applications scans.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Requires 1-3 years of relevant IT operations and/or IT security experience
- Professional certifications not required, however preference will be given to candidates with one or more relevant certifications such as CISSP, CISA, CISM, GIAC, GSEC, CEH, CNA/CCNP, CCSP, MCSE. Symantec SEP and SSIM training and/or experience is a plus.
- Previous experience in security event/alert monitoring employed in a SOC, CSIRT, or on a Security Response Team.
- Team player with demonstrated ability to work without guidance.
- Understanding of host/network common vulnerabilities and exploits (CVEs), hacker methodologies and tactics, and the tools used.
- Experience with event monitoring and analysis of events presented on a Security Information Management/Event Management System (SIM/SEM) - preferably Symantec Security Information Manager.
- Understanding of and experience with the monitoring and the analysis of antivirus, firewall logs, router logs, syslogs, and network/host-based Intrusion Detection/ Prevention systems (IDS/IPS).
- Experience with host platform vulnerability assessment and hardening standards and methodologies.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000024353-1