IT Manager - Operations
Grand Canyon Education, formerly part of Grand Canyon University, became its own entity in July 2018 after the HLC approved GCU’s application to become a nonprofit institution. GCE will work in close partnership with GCU. Moreover, many positions with GCE are located on GCU’s main campus.
Grand Canyon Education is currently hiring for an Operations IT Manager. This management position provides leadership, technical expertise and oversight within the IT department. The ideal candidate will have a flexible mindset and can adapt quickly to changes and challenges. They are always observing and learning how to better understand and serve external and internal customers. Working closely with other decision makers, they help identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective system and infrastructure solutions. They are an exceptional steward of time, people and resources.
- Leads System Administrators and other technical people responsible for server infrastructure builds, application delivery and daily operations.
- Works closely with business and tech leaders to facilitate clear understandings of requirements, then champions the smooth release of upgrades and new projects.
- Assists with business process improvements and transformation - executive dashboards, resource tracking, analytics, driving new initiatives, etc.
- Champions change and effectively manage the implementation of new ideas.
- Works with executive leadership on budgeting, funding, direction and policy issues.
- Ability to manage cross functional teams and facilitate clear communications.
- Oversees project planning and execution, manages key deliverables and timelines.
- Continuously looks for ways to improve processes and procedures using automation and innovative solutions.
- Communicates effectively to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions and strategies.
- Proactively initiates creative solutions to challenges, removing roadblocks to growth.
- Provides metrics and analytics to the business on the health of the technologies.
- Mentors and facilitates the growth of IT team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred or proven equivalent industry experience is acceptable
- 5+ years of relevant leadership experience in a large, enterprise environment
- Strong understanding of system and infrastructure security best practices and processes.
- Advanced skill with Excel.
- Excellent communication skill (written and verbal) to facilitate delivery of IT solutions for business needs.
- Strong technical understanding of enterprise server and infrastructure technologies, including cloud hosting, 24x7x365 architectures and various delivery methodologies.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Technical Certifications preferred.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000023500