IT Desktop Support - Administrative Assistant (NFWS)
Purpose within the Organization:
The purpose of this position is to support the IT Department with administrative and basic project responsibilities.
Please include a resume and class schedule with your application.
Responsibilities Related to Purpose:
- Support IT teams with various tasks, projects, and reports.
- Provide customer service to employees and direct to the proper individual(s).
- Assist with building management; organization, cleanliness, incoming/outgoing mail distribution, submitting tickets for repairs, etc.
- Maintain department office inventory and order supplies.
- Submit software orders through Financial Management System.
- Submit monthly expense reports.
- Assist Cell Phone Admin with weekly and monthly tasks.
- Coordinate and assist with department events.
- Schedule meetings and interviews.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Customer service focused individual.
- Detail-oriented & self-motivated.
- Willingness to take initiative.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Comfortable working in a professional, fast-paced environment leadership and staff.
- Available to work during breaks (team members alternate based on availability/business need).
- Must be available to work during Summer break.
- Able to work 15-20 hours per week during Spring/Fall semesters.
Grand Canyon University is committed to a student first policy.
Therefore, all applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements to be considered for student employment:
Enrolled at GCU as a full-time student in a Bachelor’s program or Master’s program.
Retain a 2.0 GPA as a Bachelor level student or a 3.0 GPA as a Master level student.
Maintain good financial and academic (SAP) standing with the University.
You may be subject to termination if you fall below the minimum requirements.
Sitting: 3-4 hours a day
Standing: 1-2 hour a day
Walking: 1/2 hour a day
Fine Eye to Hand Coordination: Frequently
Work Environment: Office building on site on Main Campus (Building 25), 27th Ave. Office Complex, and occasionally working from Dorm/Home. Work performed is primarily inside, subject to variations in temperature and weather, equipment noise and dust.
Pay Rate: Minimum Wage
Anticipated End Date: June 30, 2024