Grand Canyon Education’s Internal Audit department is seeking a full time Forensic & Data Consultant. The Forensic and Data consultant is responsible for financial audits, fraud investigations and other regulatory projects. This position will create and manage risk investigation, risk mitigation, and internal controls.
- Conduct financial, operational and regulatory compliance audits, fraud investigations, or other audits and special projects as required.
- Maintain documentation of work performed for all audits and assessments and maintains appropriately detailed work papers.
- Participate in audit planning, performing detailed testing, assisting with drafting the audit report and communicating the results to the appropriate parties.
- Evaluate the University and Company’s financial and operational procedures to assure adequate internal controls are present, identifies potential risk areas and makes recommendations to improve regulatory compliance and internal controls.
- Perform data analysis and presents findings in support of forensic investigations.
- Utilize Computer Assisted Audit Techniques (CAATs) to assist with audits.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or a closely related field from a regionally accredited institution.
- CPA/CIA/CFE or CPA/CIA/CFE candidate preferred.
- 2 - 4 + years’ work experience with auditing, accounting, finance or student financial aid.
- Proven work experience and knowledge with auditing, performing account analyses, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) 404 control testing or compliance activities for business, accounting, finance, student financial aid or other highly regulated processes.
- Must pass pre-employment background investigation.
#internalaudit #audit #auditor
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.