Instructional Designer - College of Education
Grand Canyon Education, formerly part of Grand Canyon University, became its own entity in July 2018 after the HLC approved GCU’s application to become a nonprofit institution. GCE will work in close partnership with GCU. Moreover, many positions with GCE are located on GCU’s main campus.
Grand Canyon Education’s Curriculum Design and Development department is seeking a full time Instructional Designer. This position develops, adapts, edits and maintains academically rigorous courses in a variety of curricula.
- Manages the design process for multiple courses in a given design cycle.
- Analyzes courses to identify discrepancies between learning objectives and content and discipline specific standards and provide appropriate remedies.
- Designs learning objectives that lead to analysis, synthesis, and evaluation.
- Creates appropriate learning resources, activities and assessments that enhance retention and learning.
- Provides insights and recommendations to academic constituents regarding selection of learning objects, activities and assessments as related to the strengths and capabilities of the educational learning system.
- Solves complex content or delivery related issues through application of a variety of instructional design tools and approaches.
- Proofs course content at multiple stages and work with developers to make necessary changes.
- Applies and modifies various instructional design models and instructional systems components to develop thorough instructional and learning systems and environments.
- Analyzes program and course design for alignment to competencies and discipline-specific standards.
- Master's degree in Instructional Design.
- Demonstrated work experience in instructional design preferably for higher education (minimum of 3 years’).
- Minimum 3 years’ experience evaluating course quality using established rubrics.
- Extensive knowledge of various learning theories, instructional design theories and methodologies such as ADDIE and backward design with demonstrated ability to apply them to K-12 learning, higher education learning and adult learning in both online and traditional modalities.
- Experience in designing web-based learning (e-learning). Experience in delivering classroom training.
- Excellent skill in Microsoft Office suite.
- Possess a high level of customer service skills.
- Action oriented and possess strong problem solving skills.
- Work in a team environment with the ability to be self-directed.
- Excellent knowledge of grammar and command of the English language.
- Work and thrive within a collaborative and rapid changing environment.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000021741