Inbound Call Center Specialist
Grand Canyon Education's Student Contact Center is currently seeking a full-time Inbound Call Center Specialists to assist with answering main toll-free numbers and calls from specialized groups and provide elite service and support for all internal and external customers. The contact center hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and selected candidates will work a 40 hour per week.
While this position is a Phoenix, AZ based role, we are in a remote status at this time. There may be department meetings or trainings that require in-person attendance (proper health and safety measures will be followed), in which advance notice will be provided.
- Answers, screen, and route calls from students, prospective students and personnel in a timely and accurate manner.
- Enter potential student inquiries into inquiry management database with high quality and attention to detail.
- Conduct Live Chat conversations with students and prospective students by responding with professional and accurate responses.
- Exhibit a positive, friendly, and outgoing demeanor.
- Strong multitasking skills and ability to navigate in multiple systems. Exhibit strong multi-tasking skills; navigate through various systems and applications in a timely and effective manner
- Possess a level of communication skills to accurately collect, relay and track information is necessary. Employ reasoning proficiencies to accurately collect, relay and track information as necessary.
- Must be dependable, punctual, and customer service oriented. Must be dependable and punctual adhering to schedule; start time, breaks, and lunch to ensure service level is maintained and enhance availability.
- Display strong communication skills; aptitude to demonstrate empathy, active listening skills, and clear and concise dialog.
- Maintain contact center quality standards; effective call control, verbiage, routing, and customer service to establish meeting or exceeding metrics.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School degree required.
- 1-3 years customer service experience within a call center environment.
- Ability to type 20 wpm while interacting with callers and system-based tools.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong multitasking skills and ability to navigate in multiple systems.
- Possess a level of communication skills to accurately collect, relay and track information is necessary.
- The ideal candidate will exhibit a positive, friendly and outgoing demeanor. Must be dependable, punctual, and customer service oriented.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.