Inbound Call Center Specialist
Grand Canyon Education's Student Contact Center is currently seeking a full-time Inbound Call Center Specialists to assist with answering main toll-free numbers and calls from specialized groups and provide elite service and support for all internal and external customers. The contact center hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and selected candidates will work a 40 hour per week. The shift for this position will be from 9:00 am-6:00 pm.
- Answers, screen, and route calls from students, prospective students and personnel in a timely and accurate manner.
- Enter potential student inquiries into inquiry management database with high quality and attention to detail.
- Conduct Live Chat conversations with students and prospective students by responding with professional and accurate responses.
- Exhibit a positive, friendly, and outgoing demeanor.
- Strong multitasking skills and ability to navigate in multiple systems. Exhibit strong multi-tasking skills; navigate through various systems and applications in a timely and effective manner
- Possess a level of communication skills to accurately collect, relay and track information is necessary. Employ reasoning proficiencies to accurately collect, relay and track information as necessary.
- Must be dependable, punctual, and customer service oriented. Must be dependable and punctual adhering to schedule; start time, breaks, and lunch to ensure service level is maintained and enhance availability.
- Display strong communication skills; aptitude to demonstrate empathy, active listening skills, and clear and concise dialog.
- Maintain contact center quality standards; effective call control, verbiage, routing, and customer service to establish meeting or exceeding metrics.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School degree required.
- 1-3 years customer service experience within a call center environment.
- Ability to type 20 wpm while interacting with callers and system-based tools.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong multitasking skills and ability to navigate in multiple systems.
- Possess a level of communication skills to accurately collect, relay and track information is necessary.
- The ideal candidate will exhibit a positive, friendly and outgoing demeanor. Must be dependable, punctual, and customer service oriented.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.