Human Resources Business Partner
Come Grow With Us
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is a rapidly growing educational service company that has long been an industry leader in providing educational, operational, and technological support services to the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still works closely with GCU to benefit thousands of students, families, and the local inner-city community. We put people first, drive innovation, and do good in the community that we live and work in.
GCE’s Human Resources (HR) department is seeking an experienced HR Business Partner (HRBP) to help drive people and business initiatives across the organization. This is an impactful and hands-on role for an HR professional who has both the aptitude and expertise to advise and influence strategically while owning complex functions of HR. You will be on the front line working closely with business leaders and employees to provide strategic input and advice on a wide range of topics, including performance management, employee relations, risk assessment, talent planning, compensation, organizational development, conflict resolution and more. If you’re excited about thinking big, using data to drive decisions, being comfortable challenging conventions, and recommending new solutions, this is the job for you.
What You Will Do:
- Build partnerships with a diverse group of business leaders, management and employees, providing expert HR guidance and resources in order to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Resolve complex employee relations issues including investigating formal complaints involving working conditions and discrimination, assessing risk, making recommendations to management for effective resolution and ensuring documentation is sufficient to withstand legal scrutiny.
- Analyze trends and metrics to develop and recommend solutions, programs and policies.
- Drive the coordination and execution of performance management processes, including management training, calibration sessions, reviewing and approving corrective action.
- Strategize with business leaders on talent management and organizational development efforts, including employee development, succession planning and organization design and structure.
- Serve as a liaison between assigned business units and specialized HR teams, including Talent Acquisition, Leaves/Accommodations, Benefits, Compensation and HRIS, in order to develop integrated solutions based on the needs of the business.
What You Will Have
- Bachelor’s degree Human Resources Management, Business Administration or a related field.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive human resources experience, with at least 7 years in a strategic/consultative HR partner or HR management role.
- Demonstrated experience working with and providing coaching and consultation to Senior/Executive Management on strategic and tactical HR related business items.
- A deep understanding of employee relations concepts, including policy development, investigations, conflict resolution, risk assessment and employment laws (multi-state experience preferred).
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment, balance multiple client groups and projects, and manage contending priorities.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with a good command of the English language.
- Self-directed and self-motivated with the ability to take initiative in identifying and anticipating client needs.
Why Work at GCE:
- Exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401K savings plan
- Generous time off plan and 11 paid holidays
- Paid time off to volunteer in the community or at GCU sponsored events
- Free covered parking
- We also offer full-time employees, their spouses, and dependent children an Education Tuition Discount Program