Human Resources Business Partner- Hybrid
Come Grow With Us
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is a rapidly growing educational service company that has long been an industry leader in providing educational, operational, and technological support services to the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still works closely with GCU to benefit thousands of students, families, and the local inner-city community. We put people first, drive innovation, and do good in the community that we live and work in.
Are you looking for a meaningful career that allows you to utilize and develop your Human Resource skills? GCE’s Human Resources (HR) department is seeking an HR Business Partner (HRBP) to collaborate, strategize, develop, and ensure alignment of business objectives with
employees and management in designated business units through effective application of human resources policies practices and recommendations. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, analytical, proficient time management, resourceful and should enjoy working in an exciting, fast-paced environment
While this position is a Phoenix, AZ based role, we are in a hybrid status, with at least one in office day per week required.
What You Will Do:
- Build partnerships with a diverse group of business leaders, management and employees, providing expert HR guidance and resources in order to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Resolve complex employee relations issues including investigating formal complaints involving working conditions and discrimination, assessing risk, making recommendations to management for effective resolution and ensuring documentation is sufficient to withstand legal scrutiny.
- Analyze trends and metrics to develop and recommend solutions, programs and policies.
- Guides, reviews, and provides all performance management and review process within the assigned business units
- Strategizes on the development of employee engagement workforce and succession planning
- Champions HR Policies interpretation and communicates HR programs and processes.
- Consults with business leaders and other support teams, such as recruitment, training and development, compliance, benefits, compensation and payroll to implement, interpret and apply University policies.
What You Will Have:
- Bachelor’s degree or minimum 4 years’ human resources work experience including the investigation, mediation and successful resolution of complex employee relation issues.
- An understanding of human resources concepts, processes, laws and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and team-oriented skills.
- Detail oriented with a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to work within a fast-based environment, balance multiple projects and manage contending priorities.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with a good command of the English language.
- Ability to effectively envision, develop, and implement new strategies to address competitive, complex business issues.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to manage multiple client groups in multiple locations, handling competing priorities with accuracy and providing outstanding customer service.
- Self-directed and self-motivated with the ability to take initiative in identifying and anticipating client needs.
- Must be able to preserve confidentiality of information.