Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is an educational service company that provides an array of support services in the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still supports and works closely with GCU. GCE designs and develops educational programs for GCU and other traditional campus institutions, as well as online partner institutions at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels.
Grand Canyon Education is currently seeking a Human Resources Information Systems Manager (HRIS Manager). The HRIS Manager is responsible for administration of HRIS database and leading/managing the work for the HRIS team, in support of human resource administration and projects. The HRIS Manager oversees security administration, business process design, end user experience and reporting and analytics with the current HRIS system (Workday). This position is focused on data analysis and compilation and is accountable for the development and distribution of critical reports/dashboards to the organization. This position ensures accurate best practice business process/workflows and other system dependencies are in place within the system to support the administrators of compensation programs, annual performance reviews, benefits administration/open enrollment, recruiting, payroll and reporting.
- Maintains data integrity and provides reporting information to a variety of stakeholders both internal and external on an ad hoc basis.
- Leads, manages and coaches a team of HRIS analysts.
- Manages projects which pertain to the HRIS system, such as maintenance, updates, implementing additional functionality and optimizing the current systems.
- Assures security of HR information through established security protocol.
- Serves as liaison with IT and other system vendors to ensure feed and data transmissions are accurate.
- Develops system procedures and practices to meet SOX compliance.
- Establishes systematic reporting calendar to ensure meeting all required reports.
- Compiles or assists with acquisition of complex data reports, summaries and employee-based data as needed.
- Provides audit of system on regular basis to ensure data integrity.
- 5 years’ HRIS experience preferably with enterprise system, required.
- 2 years’ as a people leader, project leader or system administrator, required.
- Workday experience, preferred.
- A bachelor’s degree in human resources, business or technology-related discipline, preferred.
- Understanding of SQL language.
- Demonstrated skilled knowledge in HRMS database design, structure and processes.
- A strong understanding of the logic applied in database design in order to extract data for reports, audit information, recognize and correct errors, etc.
- A solid understanding of human resources concepts, processes, laws and procedures.
- Possess business acumen to be able to match requirements against system capabilities to provide quality deliverables.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and team-oriented skills with the ability to work within a highly structured environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Detailed oriented with a high level of accuracy.
- Strong technical aptitude and comfort level accessing and navigating HR software.
- Advanced skills in Excel and MS office for preparation and presentation of reports.
- Ability to work in high volume, pressure environment.
- Self-starter with good organizational, time management, analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding HR data.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.