HRIS Business Analyst (Remote)
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is an educational service company that provides an array of support services in the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still supports and works closely with GCU. GCE designs and develops educational programs for GCU and other traditional campus institutions, as well as online partner institutions at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels.
While this position is a Phoenix, AZ based role, we are in an indefinitely remote status. There may be department meetings or training's that require in-person attendance (proper health and safety measures will be followed), in which advance notice will be provided.
GCE’s Human Resources department is seeking a Human Resources Business Analyst. The Human Resources Business Analyst provides functional support to Human Resource (HR) systems applications, projects and processes. Assists in ensuring all HR Systems are maintained and updated as required which may involve workflow configuration, testing and procedure documentation.
- Assist in the review, testing and implementation of HRMS upgrades or patches. Collaborate with functional and technical staff to coordinate application of upgrade or fix. Maintain HRMS tables. Document process and results. Assists in the maintenance of the HRIS helpdesk tickets and ensures resolution to all tickets in a timely manner.
- Provide support for HRMS, including researching and resolving HRMS problems, unexpected results or process flaws; performing scheduled activities; recommending solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements.
- Recommend process/customer service improvements, innovative solutions, policy changes and/or major variations from established policy that must be approved by appropriate leadership prior to implementation. Serve as a key liaison with third parties and other stakeholders (e.g. payroll). Use project management skills in managing projects. May provide overall project management for a given HR initiative.
- Produce process flow diagrams or over visual representations using Visio, Excel, Adobe, etc, Identify and document key performance indicators (KPIs) and security requisitions, Convert non-technical business requirements into User Acceptance Testing scripts (UATs), Create Business Requirement Documents (BRDs)
- Maintain awareness of current trends in HRMS with a focus on product and service development, delivery and support, and applying key technologies. Examine trends in information systems training, materials and techniques. Through classes, reading, CBTs or other mechanisms, continuously increase both HR knowledge and HRIS application/tools knowledge. Participate in user group meetings/conferences.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two years’ related HRIS experience (preferably Workday) and report writing tools.
- Detailed oriented with a high level of accuracy.
- Must be able to work without direct supervision in a collaborative manner with other team members.
- Must have a basic understanding of SQL.
- Must pass pre-employment background investigation
- An understanding of human resources concepts, processes, laws and procedures..
- Proficiency with MS Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills required.
- RaaS (reports as a service), SaaS (software as a service), in-system integration adapters, and FTP/SFTP.
- XML, SOA, Web Services, REST (Representational State Transfer), XSLT, XSL, Java and SQL.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.