Grand Canyon Education, formerly part of Grand Canyon University, became its own entity in July 2018 after the HLC approved GCU’s application to become a nonprofit institution. GCE will work in close partnership with GCU. Moreover, many positions with GCE are located on GCU’s main campus.
Grand Canyon University is currently seeking a Human Resources Information Systems Analyst (HRIS Analyst). The HRIS Analyst provides techno/functional support to Human Resource (HR) systems applications, projects and processes. Assists in ensuring all HR Systems are maintained, updated, and HR business needs are met. This is a great opportunity for someone who has HRIS experience and has the desire to become a Techno/Functional HR Systems/Workday Administrator and a Workday HR Business Process Subject Matter Expert.
- Handles escalated HR Service Center (HRSC) requests related to HR systems and researches root causes and identifies resolution on a timely basis. Also corrects HR records and data base upon user requests and approval.
- Participates in documenting repetitive or routine Service Center requests related to HR systems for HRSC staff to use in responding to calls and to provide training to HRSC staff.
- Maintains and updates a variety of data tables within all HR systems and applications, and where necessary, liaises and coordinates data table updates with other departments (payroll, finance, benefits, etc.) to ensure accuracy.
- Assists in proposing and recommending processes and improvement to workflow.
- Works with reports and executes various routine and ad-hoc reports from HR systems within specified deadlines.
- Assists with scheduled systems processes such as benefits, compensation, leave programs, performance management, recruiting or others as assigned.
- Reviews and analyzes data from multiple systems to identify inaccuracies, inconsistencies, anomalies and makes recommendations for resolution.
- Assists with projects related to HR systems and performs similar duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in human resources, business or technology-related discipline.
- Minimum of two years related HR or HRIS experience with a working knowledge of HR systems preferred.
- May consider an equivalent combination of relevant experience and education.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and team oriented skills with the ability to work within a highly structured environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Detailed oriented with a high level of accuracy.
- An understanding of the logic applied in database design in order to extract data for reports, audit information, recognize and correct errors, etc.
- An understanding of human resources concepts, processes, laws and procedures is very helpful.
- Strong technical aptitude and comfort level accessing and navigating HR software.
- Proficiency with MS Office products including Word, Excel (intermediate level), PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding HR data.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000018946