HR Service Center Representative - Hybrid
Come Grow With Us
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is a rapidly growing educational service company that has long been an industry leader in providing educational, operational and technological support services to the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still works closely with GCU to benefit thousands of students, families and the local inner-city community. We put people first, drive innovation, and do good in the community that we live and work in.
As part of the HR Service Center (HRSC), the HRSC Representative is the first point of contact for employees seeking HR support. The individual will respond to employee inquiries and HR team requests, identifying solutions and escalating as needed. In addition, the position is responsible for utilizing and processing basic transactions in the HR system, Workday. The ideal candidate will have a passion for customer service, employee experience, operational excellence and continuous improvement.
This position is a Phoenix, AZ based hybrid role, with two in office day per week required.
What You Will Do
- Provides first tier Human Resources support by responding to incoming employee inquiries, assessing employees’ needs and advising and counseling employees within Company policies and procedures.
- Creates a positive employee experience while managing inquiries to completion. As necessary, gathers information, researches inquiries, troubleshoots employee issues, communicates and follows up with employees.
- Logs, reviews and assesses data and ensures HR information on the employee/HR systems and portals are accurate and informs the HRSC management team of inconsistencies.
- When necessary and/or as directed, escalates employee inquiries, concerns, complaints to appropriate individuals.
- Assists employees with troubleshooting software navigation issues with regard to self-service and/or HR systems.
What You Will Have
- High School diploma.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and team-oriented skills. Must be able to maintain a professional and courteous demeanor and have the ability to handle difficult situations and customers in a tactful and diplomatic manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Detailed oriented with a high level of accuracy.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting skills with a strong technical aptitude and comfort level accessing and navigating HR software.
- Self-starter with good organizational, time management. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Two years of prior experience in Human Resources, with an emphasis on generalist, personnel administration or shared service operations is preferred.