Come Grow With Us
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is a rapidly growing educational service company that has long been an industry leader in providing educational, operational, and technological support services to the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still works closely with GCU to benefit thousands of students, families, and the local inner-city community. We put people first, drive innovation, and do good in the community that we live and work in.
Are you looking for a meaningful career that allows you to utilize and develop your Human Resource skills? GCE’s Human Resources (HR) department is seeking an HR Generalist (HRG) to provide consulting and support to employees and management in designated business units through effective application of human resources policies practices and recommendations. The ideal candidate will have strong employee relations experience, the ability to provide hands-on HR expertise to busy client groups, be detail oriented, analytical, resourceful and should enjoy working in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
While this position is a Phoenix, AZ based role, we are in a remote status, with at least one in office day per week required. There may be department meetings or training's that require in-person attendance (proper health and safety measures will be followed), in which advance notice will be provided.
What You Will Do:
- Support a diverse client group by delivering general HR services to employees and front-line managers.
- Partner closely with HR Supervisor and management to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
- Investigate employee relations situations across client groups; partner with HR Supervisor as needed to effectively resolve situations; identify trends in employee relations cases to address root cause; educate managers on how to handle situations more effectively.
- Guide and counsel to management staff regarding appropriate progressive discipline and termination steps. Monitor and review corrective action and termination documentation for completeness and organizational consistency. Identify trends and issues impacting employees and management.
- Analyze and identify training and management coaching needs. Deliver new manager and other HR-related training to managers.
- Experienced and remains current on labor laws (e.g., FMLA, ADA, etc.) and provide education to managers/supervisors; coordinate any related situations with HR Service Center (HRSC).
- Advocate for employees as needed and serves as a key liaison with HR Service Center.
What You Will Have:
- Bachelor’s degree or minimum 2 years’ human resources work experience including the investigation, mediation and successful resolution of complex employee relation issues.
- Proven ability to conduct thorough employee relations investigations, make recommendations for corrective action and effectively counsel employees and managers.
- Knowledge of all functional areas of HR particularly employee relations, performance management, recruiting, compensation, training and employment laws.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple priorities in a quick moving and change oriented environment.
- Ability to manage complex and ambiguous situations and independently drive to solutions.
- Ability to analyze data trends, diagnose and solve moderate to highly complex problems.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and team-oriented skills.
- Detail oriented with a high level of accuracy.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with a good command of the English language.
- Must be able to preserve confidentiality of information.