Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is an educational service company that provides an array of support services in the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still supports and works closely with GCU. GCE designs and develops educational programs for GCU and other traditional campus institutions, as well as online partner institutions at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels.
GCE is seeking an experienced Human Resources professional with strong employee relations experience, including experience investigating workplace issues involving harassment, discrimination or retaliation claims. This position will also assist with policy development, internal employee communications, reporting and analytics, as well as other HR assigned projects.
The ideal candidate enjoys HR project work, with only occasional employee interaction and will be comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic.
Responsibilities: Include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide employment claims/litigation support:
- Gather documents, conduct investigations and assist with responses to employment related claims, administrative charges and arbitration.
- Track litigation and maintain documentation, files and reports.
- Collaborate with HR Business Partners to provide investigation and employee relations support to business units as needed. May fill in for HRBP due to leave of absence.
- Assist with research on employment laws and HR policies; recommend and draft HR policies; revise existing policies/handbook.
- Draft and execute internal email communications to employees; assist with executing HR communication plans (e.g. monthly policy reminders).
- Prepare and analyze relevant HR metrics, reports and audits (e.g. exit interview results analysis, hiring/termination statistics, documentation audits).
- Serve as project team member or project manager for HR related projects (e.g. performance management, disciplinary process, policy development, legal research etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 3 years of employee relations experience dealing with complex employee relations issues and handling investigations.
- Excellent writing and editing skills. Prior policy development experience required.
- Advanced knowledge of federal and multi-state employment law, human resources practices and employee relations including extensive harassment/discrimination investigation and documentation experience.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple priorities with accuracy and outstanding customer service skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong PC skills, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Advanced problem solving capabilities, including the ability to analyze complex situations from both a legal and human resource perspective and break them down into defined tasks and actions.
- Must demonstrate logic, initiative, reasoning, good judgment, and the ability to work independently.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com