Grand Canyon Education, formerly part of Grand Canyon University, became its own entity in July 2018 after the HLC approved GCU’s application to become a nonprofit institution. GCE will work in close partnership with GCU. Moreover, many positions with GCE are located on GCU’s main campus.
Grand Canyon Education is seeking a Human Resources Generalist to provide human resources generalist consulting and support to employees and management in our Online Operations Service Center at 27th Avenue and Camelback. In order to be successful in this role, you will have strong employee relations experience, and ability to provide hands-on HR expertise to a busy client group. Under the guidance of an HR Manager, you will provide coaching and counseling to managers on employee issues, serve as the first point of contact to individual contributors on HR-related questions and partner with HR subject matter experts on the implementation of University-wide employee strategies. This position will also have recruiting responsibilities.
- Deliver HR services to client groups, and general HR support to employees and front-line managers.
- Work closely with HR Manager and management to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
- Manage employee relations situations within assigned client groups; partner with HR Manager as needed to effectively resolve situations; identify trends in employee relations cases to address root cause; educate managers on how to handle situations more effectively.
- Provide guidance and counsel to management staff regarding appropriate progressive discipline and termination steps. Monitor and review corrective action and termination documentation for completeness and organizational consistency. Identify trends and issues impacting employees and management.
- Identify training and management coaching needs. Deliver new manager and other HR-related training to managers.
- Remain current on labor laws (e.g., FMLA, ADA, etc.) and provide education to managers/supervisors; coordinate any related situations with HR Service Center (HRSC).
- Serve as a key liaison with HR Service Center.
- Act as employee advocate as needed.
- Position will also have recruiting responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business Administration, or similar required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Human Resources, with employee relations experience required.
- PHR Certification and experience is a fast-paced call center environment desired.
- Proven ability to conduct thorough employee relations investigations, make recommendations for corrective action and effectively counsel employees and managers.
- Knowledge of all functional areas of HR particularly employee relations, performance management, recruiting, compensation, training and employment laws.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple priorities in a quick moving and change oriented environment.
- Ability to manage complex and ambiguous situations and independently drive to solutions.
- Ability to analyze, diagnose and solve moderate to highly complex problems.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing, including strong presentation skills and customer service orientation.
- Mid-level competency in Microsoft Office products, with a heavy focus on Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000019109