HR Coordinator - Hybrid
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is a rapidly growing educational service company that has long been an industry leader in providing educational, operational and technological support services to the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still works closely with GCU to benefit thousands of students, families and the local inner-city community. We put people first, drive innovation, and do good in the community that we live and work in.
HR Coordinators work in the human resources department to complete tasks to keep the company functioning effectively. Duties will fluctuate based on the business needs. Day to day administrative tasks, screens, sourcing, entry level employee relation assistance, benefit duties, coverage for individuals on LOA’s or open positions and overall HR Service Center needs as assigned. Additionally, assist the HR Manager and Senior HR Manager on completing larger items, so they can focus on more big picture responsibilities and implement strategies to improve the company. HR Coordinators handle all internal and external candidate inquiries and requests and ask the Senior HR Manager for assistance if any challenges with solving these issues arise
While this position is a Phoenix, AZ based role, we are in a remote status, with one in office day per week required. There may be department meetings or training's that require in-person attendance (proper health and safety measures will be followed), in which advance notice will be provided.
Address: Building 71, 2600 West Camelback Road, Phoenix
Benefits: full benefits portfolio including free tuition
What You Will Do:
- Strategy: Consults and partners with hiring managers to develop effective marketplace recruitment strategies. Prepares and implements strategies using multiple techniques including social media, online and internal databases, employee referrals, job fairs, networks, etc. while meeting pre-determined service level agreements for assigned clients.
- Talent Management: Source candidates using a combination of social media, traditional job boards, employee referrals.
- Collaboration: Partners with the HR/Talent Acquisition team to generate ideas and develop innovating sourcing strategies to attract talent, especially hard to fill roles.
- Competency: Remains current on trends and developments of accrediting bodies, employee educational and certification requirements, and HR industry trends. Ensures legal compliance with federal and state requirements.
What You Will Have
- A bachelor’s degree preferred. An equivalent combination of relevant work experience and education/training may be substituted upon hiring manager’s approval.
- 1 year experience in Human Resources; recruitment and employee relations preferred. Workday experience a plus!
- Self-motivated with the willingness and ability to work independently or a team environment.
- Good judgment and sound decision making with the ability to problem solve and influence at all levels of the University.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.