HR Communications Specialist
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is an educational service company that provides an array of support services in the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still supports and works closely with GCU. GCE designs and develops educational programs for GCU and other traditional campus institutions, as well as online partner institutions at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels.
Grand Canyon Education is currently seeking a HR Communications Specialist. The HR Communications Specialist provides support in the planning, organizing, development, and implementation of internal and external communication strategies relating to employee experience, company culture, benefits, compensation, recruiting, talent, and executive announcements/ presentations.
- Write, edit, and proof various communications and content as needed, including but not limited to: website content, intranet content, internal announcements, recruiting efforts, and other informational content.
- Identify, draft and garner approvals for employee/ employer-related social media content; monitor Glassdoor and other corporate accounts as needed
- Proof and edit various HR communications, messages, and employee-related documents for clarity and consistency; ensure all communications are aligned with HR/ corporate brand identity
- Maintains the GCE and GCU HR intranet sites.
- Working with internal customers develops an annual communication calendar to ensure consistent communication to employees.
- Works with each department within HR to determine communication gaps and develop messaging to assist with those gaps.
- Administer internal employee surveys, analyze survey data, and participate in the recommendation and action-planning processes as needed; prepare metrics and reports as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution preferably in journalism, communications, marketing or English.
- Minimum of 2 years’ related work experience in communications/advertising/public relations, required and HR experience preferred.
- Strong skills in grammar, punctuation, and writing/editing for clarity
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships.
- Highly effective communications skills with a good command of the English language.
- Ability to write and deliver effective, creative and influential presentations in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to be succinct and create engaging written messages.
- Ability to work independently
- Creativity, flexibility and the ability to multi-task in a fast-moving environment
- Ability to interpret HR programs’ critical points and present them at a globally resonant, user-friendly level
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com