HR Analyst II
Grand Canyon Education, formerly part of Grand Canyon University, became its own entity in July 2018 after the HLC approved GCU’s application to become a nonprofit institution. GCE will work in close partnership with GCU. Moreover, many positions with GCE are located on GCU’s main campus.
Grand Canyon University is currently seeking an HR Analyst II. The Human Resources Systems Analyst provides functional support to Human Resource (HR) systems applications, projects and processes. Assists in ensuring all HR Systems are maintained and updated as required which may involve workflow configuration, testing and procedure documentation.
- System Maintenance: Assist in the review, testing and implementation of HRMS upgrades or patches. Collaborate with functional and technical staff to coordinate application of upgrade or fix. Maintain HRMS tables. Document process and results. Assists in the maintenance of the HRIS helpdesk tickets and ensures resolution to all tickets in a timely manner.
- Production Support: Provide support for HRMS, including researching and resolving HRMS problems, unexpected results or process flaws; performing scheduled activities; recommending solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements.
- Projects/Process Improvement: Recommend process/customer service improvements, innovative solutions, policy changes and/or major variations from established policy that must be approved by appropriate leadership prior to implementation. Serve as a key liaison with third parties and other stakeholders (e.g. payroll). Use project management skills in managing projects. May provide overall project management for a given HR initiative.
- Reports/Queries: Write, maintain and support a variety of reports or queries using appropriate reporting tools. Assist in development of standard reports for ongoing customer needs. Help maintain data integrity in systems by running queries and analyzing data.
- Training: Develop user procedures, guidelines and documentation. Train clients on new processes/functionality. Train new system users.
- Individual Development: Maintain awareness of current trends in HRMS with a focus on product and service development, delivery and support, and applying key technologies. Examine trends in information systems training, materials and techniques. Through classes, reading, CBTs or other mechanisms, continuously increase both HR knowledge and HRIS application/tools knowledge. Participate in user group meetings/conferences.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business or technology-related discipline.
- Minimum of two years’ related HRIS experience (preferably Workday) and report writing tools.
- A combination of relevant experience and education may be substituted upon approval by supervisor.
- Must be knowledgeable with object oriented architecture for extracting data for reporting.
- Must be knowledgeable with SQL to extract data from any legacy databases.
- An understanding of human resources concepts, processes, laws and procedures.
- Ability to work within a fast-based environment and under deadline pressure.
- Strong technical aptitude and comfort level accessing and navigating HR software.
- Proficiency with MS Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and office machines and other office software such as fax-on-demand services, etc.; Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills required.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000020133