Help Desk Technician
Grand Canyon University is currently hiring a Help Desk Technician. Under general supervision, the Help Desk Technician is responsible for providing technology support for help desk calls and/or work orders. The Technician resolves calls while on the phone with the customer. Enters calls into tracking system, prioritizes calls, evaluates calls, resolves calls and escalates calls as needed, and follows-up with customers. Handles both basic and intermediate user issues and problems.
- Answers calls or work orders from users requiring technology assistance; courteously ascertains reason for the call and determines whether issue can be immediately resolved or elevated to other staff.
- Evaluates each call to determine nature of problem and whether related to hardware, software, applications, client/server systems, desktops, peripheral devices and others, etc.; determines if on-site assistance by Information Technology Desktop Support staff is appropriate and ensures Desktop Support are notified.
- Uses remote desktop software to resolve issues, performs installations or demonstrates solutions to clients or help client identify issues.
- Resolves as many user-reported problems as expertise permits using available tools, and following procedures and policies for the handling of cases.
- Works with customers over the phone to provide step-by-step or detailed instructions on resolving the problem which may include modifying current programs, upgrading software versions and service packs, evaluating controls and security, new changes required.
- Acts as a liaison between customers and internal support staff to assure accurate problem interpretation; maintains communications with customers during the problem resolution process if necessary.
- Develops troubleshooting skills by using effective investigative methods and available troubleshooting tools.
- Completes required Help Desk training to enhance and improve support.
- Ensures all necessary information is accurately entered and tracked.
- A college degree in computer sciences, information technology or information systems preferred.
- One (1) year hands-on work experience working with Mac and PC based hardware, software, networking components in a multi-platform, client/server environment using LAN and/or WAN technologies preferred, preferably in a customer service role assisting with diagnosing technical problems.
- Related technical certifications are helpful but not required.
- May consider an equivalent combination of education, training and/or work experience.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000023406