Ground Traditional - Social Media Intern - NFWS
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is seeking a Student Worker Intern to support the mission of Grand Canyon University through GCE's Ground Traditional Enrollment department.
Primary Responsibilities / Accountabilities / Essential Functions:
- Reporting on social media with department leadership
- Organization and progression of social media strategies
- Facilitation of team meetings with key stakeholders
- Understands the use of Social Media platforms and comfortable in creating and editing content that highlights college, student interests and university strategies.
- Collect and input administrative notations to recruiting systems to track efforts.
- Keeps direct supervisor informed of progress and potential issues and makes recommendations to ensure plans are well coordinated and synchronized.
Equipment Used and Responsibility:
Interns will be provided with a GCE Laptop / Surface to complete work-related tasks and strategies. Interns will also work with the following provided programs and equipment:
- Microsoft Suite - Outlook / PPT / Excel / Word
- Often will be responsible for working evenings and weekends.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Outlook, Excel) and University supported programs.
- Familiar with Instagram platform as well as content creation and editing applications.
- Organized, task-oriented, and able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain relationships through effective interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications, a good command of the English language, and ability to provide clear and succinct communications among all stakeholders.
- Good attention to detail, analytical and networking skills.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to work in high-volume, high-demand environment and work with ever-changing boundaries and priorities.
Experience / Education:
Grand Canyon University is committed to a student first policy. Therefore, all applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements to be considered for student employment:
- Enrolled at GCU as a full-time student in a Bachelor’s program or Master’s program.
- Retain a 2.0 GPA as a Bachelor level student or a 3.0 GPA as a Master level student.
- Maintain good financial and academic (SAP) standing with the University.
You may be subject to termination if you fall below the minimum requirements.
* Sitting: 2 - 3 Hours a day
* Standing: 2 - 3 Hours a day
* Walking: 2 - 3 Hours a day
* Lifting: Occasionally
* Carrying: Frequently
* Pushing: Rarely
* Bending: Occasionally
* Squatting: Occasionally
* Kneeling: Occasionally
* Climbing: Never
* Reaching: Occasionally
* Grasping: Occasionally
* Fine Eye to Hand Coordination: Rarely
* Driving: Rarely
* Work Environment: Office building on site
Pay Rate: Minimum Wage
Anticipated End Date: June 30, 2023