Ground Traditional Enrollment Operations - Student Worker Intern - Honors (NFWS)
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is seeking a Student Worker Intern to support the mission of Grand Canyon University through GCE's Ground Traditional Enrollment department for the Honors College.
Purpose within the Organization:
The purpose of this position is to assist the Program Development Specialist department with recruit-facing events, conversations, and presentations on GCU’s campus, while providing a first-hand account of the GCU student experience.
Responsibilities Related to Purpose:
- Will be responsible for learning, understanding, and delivering program-specific information in up to 2-3 GCU colleges, covering degree programs specific to ground traditional recruitment.
- Delivers program-specific content through presentations at admissions activities not limited to but including Discover, GCU Day, GCU Live, etc., which may require set-up and tear-down.
- Assists GCE and GCU staff with program-specific content on organized tours for students, parents, administration, and other school-related personnel.
- Provides program-specific information to recruits through scheduled phone appointments, webinars, and other mixed media formats.
- Collect and input administrative notations to recruiting systems to track efforts.
- Assists in providing additional programmatic knowledge to lateral student workers in other departments that are recruit-facing.
- Keeps direct supervisor informed of progress and potential issues and makes recommendations to ensure plans are well coordinated and synchronized.
- Supports physical creation of recruit-related activity supplies as needed.
- May be asked to handle escalated issues; will be based upon function head approval.
- Often will be responsible for working evenings and weekends.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Outlook, Excel) and University supported programs.
- Organized, task-oriented, and able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain relationships through effective interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications, a good command of the English language, and ability to provide clear and succinct communications among all stakeholders.
- Good attention to detail, analytical and networking skills.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to work in high-volume, high-demand environment and work with ever-changing boundaries and priorities.
- Experience in the specific college being hired for is a plus.
Grand Canyon Education is committed to a student first policy.
Therefore, all applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements to be considered for student employment:
- Enrolled at GCU as a full-time student in a Bachelor’s program or Master’s program.
- Retain a 2.0 GPA as a Bachelor level student or a 3.0 GPA as a Master level student.
- Maintain good financial and academic (SAP) standing with the University.
You may be subject to termination if you fall below the minimum requirements.
Pay Rate: Minimum Wage
Anticipated End Date: June 30th, 2024
Number of Openings: 2
Manager: Ground Traditional Enrollment Operations - Program Recruiter - Honors College
Currently working at GCE? Please be sure to apply internally through your Employee Workday account!