Ground Traditional Enrollment Operations - Student Worker Intern - Honors College (NFWS)
Position Summary / Purpose:
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is seeking a Student Worker Intern to support the mission of Grand Canyon University through GCE's Ground Traditional Enrollment department for the Parent and College-Prep team. The purpose of this position is to assist the Program Development Specialist department in promoting the growth of the university through recruit-facing events, conversations, webinars, tours, and presentations on GCU’s campus, while providing a first-hand account of the GCU student experience.
Primary Responsibilities / Accountabilities / Essential Functions:
- Will be responsible for learning, understanding, and delivering program-specific information and programs to support GCU students and families.
- Delivers program-specific content through presentations at admissions activities not limited to but including Discover, GCU Day, GCU Live, etc., which may require set-up and tear-down.
- Assists GCE and GCU staff with program-specific content on organized tours for students, parents, administration, and other school-related personnel.
- Provides information to potential students / families through scheduled phone appointments, webinars, social media and other mixed media formats.
- Collect and input administrative notations to recruiting systems to track efforts.
- Assists in providing additional programmatic knowledge to lateral student workers in other departments that are recruit-facing.
- Keeps direct supervisor informed of progress and potential issues and makes recommendations to ensure plans are well coordinated and synchronized.
Equipment Used and Responsibility:
Interns will be provided with a GCE Laptop / Surface to complete work-related tasks and strategies. Interns will also work with the following provided programs and equipment:
- Jabber (to include headset)
- Microsoft Suite - Outlook / PPT / Excel / Word
* Often will be responsible for working evenings and weekends.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Outlook, Excel) and University supported programs.
* Organized, task-oriented, and able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to maintain relationships through effective interpersonal skills.
* Excellent oral and written communications, a good command of the English language, and ability to provide clear and succinct communications among all stakeholders.
* Good attention to detail, analytical and networking skills.
* Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
* Ability to work in high-volume, high-demand environment and work with ever-changing boundaries and priorities.
Experience / Education:
Grand Canyon University is committed to a student first policy. Therefore, all applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements to be considered for student employment:
* Enrolled at GCU as a full-time student in a Bachelor’s program or Master’s program.
* Retain a 2.0 GPA as a Bachelor level student or a 3.0 GPA as a Master level student.
* Maintain good financial and academic (SAP) standing with the University.
You may be subject to termination if you fall below the minimum requirements.
* Sitting: 2 - 3 Hours a day
* Standing: 2 - 3 Hours a day
* Walking: 2 - 3 Hours a day
* Lifting: Occasionally
* Carrying: Frequently
* Pushing: Rarely
* Bending: Occasionally
* Squatting: Occasionally
* Kneeling: Occasionally
* Climbing: Never
* Reaching: Occasionally
* Grasping: Occasionally
* Fine Eye to Hand Coordination: Rarely
* Driving: Rarely
* Work Environment: Office building on site
Pay Rate: Minimum Wage
Anticipated End Date: June 30, 2023