Ground Operations - Student Worker Intern - College of Education (NFWS)
Position Summary / Purpose:
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is seeking a Student Worker Intern to support the mission of Grand Canyon University through GCE's Ground Traditional Enrollment department for the College of Education (COE). The purpose of this position is to assist the Program Development Specialist department in promoting the growth of The College of Education through recruit-facing events, conversations, tour and presentations on GCU’s campus, while providing a first-hand account of the GCU student experience.
Primary Responsibilities / Accountabilities / Essential Functions:
- Will be responsible for learning, understanding, and delivering program-specific information for The College of Education, covering degree programs specific to ground traditional recruitment.
- Delivers program-specific content through presentations at admissions activities not limited to but including Discover, GCU Day, GCU Live, etc., which may require set-up and tear-down.
- Assists GCE and GCU staff with program-specific content on organized tours for students, parents, administration, and other school-related personnel.
- Provides program-specific information to potential students / families through scheduled phone appointments, webinars, social media and other mixed media formats.
- Collect and input administrative notations to recruiting systems to track efforts.
- Assists in providing additional programmatic knowledge to lateral student workers in other departments that are recruit-facing.
- Keeps direct supervisor informed of progress and potential issues and makes recommendations to ensure plans are well coordinated and synchronized.
Often will be responsible for working evenings and weekends.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Outlook, Excel) and University supported programs.
* Organized, task-oriented, and able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to maintain relationships through effective interpersonal skills.
* Excellent oral and written communications, a good command of the English language, and ability to provide clear and succinct communications among all stakeholders.
* Good attention to detail, analytical and networking skills.
* Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
* Ability to work in high-volume, high-demand environment and work with ever-changing boundaries and priorities.
Equipment Used and Responsibility:
Interns will be provided with a GCE Laptop / Surface to complete work-related tasks and strategies. Interns will also work with the following provided programs and equipment:
- Jabber (to include headset)
- Microsoft Suite - Outlook / PPT / Excel / Word
Experience / Education:
Grand Canyon University is committed to a student first policy. Therefore, all applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements to be considered for student employment:
* Enrolled at GCU as a full-time student in a Bachelor’s program or Master’s program.
* Retain a 2.0 GPA as a Bachelor level student or a 3.0 GPA as a Master level student.
* Maintain good financial and academic (SAP) standing with the University.
You may be subject to termination if you fall below the minimum requirements.
* Sitting: 2 - 3 Hours a day
* Standing: 2 - 3 Hours a day
* Walking: 2 - 3 Hours a day
* Lifting: Occasionally
?? Carrying: Frequently
* Pushing: Rarely
* Bending: Occasionally
* Squatting: Occasionally
* Kneeling: Occasionally
* Climbing: Never
* Reaching: Occasionally
* Grasping: Occasionally
* Fine Eye to Hand Coordination: Rarely
* Driving: Rarely
* Work Environment: Office building on site
Pay Rate: Minimum Wage
Anticipated End Date: June 30, 2023