Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is an educational service company that provides an array of support services in the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still supports and works closely with GCU. GCE designs and develops educational programs for GCU and other traditional campus institutions, as well as online partner institutions at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels.
Grand Canyon Education is seeking a Graphic Designer to join our Marketing Team. This position will be responsible for developing creative solutions for the promotion of the university brand, program and events through various marketing avenues. Develops various forms of print collateral (brochures, fliers, posters, direct mail packages, etc.), advertising (including bill boards and print ads), apparel and promotional items. May also assist in the development of digital collateral including e-mail templates, banner and display ads. This position uses graphic design technology and computer software to produce
designs and layouts and provides print-ready files for production.
While this position is a Phoenix, AZ based role, we are in an indefinitely remote status. There may be department meetings or training's that require in-person attendance (proper health and safety measures will be followed), in which advance notice will be provided.
** Please attach copies of your portfolio to your application **
- Develop the layout and production design for all marketing collateral material requested by GCU clients.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects at one time and remain flexible through multiple revisions while keeping a keen attention to detail.
- Responsible for determining size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, and selecting appropriate style and size of type adhering to GCU brand and print standards.
- Meet with internal client marketing team to get final approval for designs and/or meet
- Prepares notes and instructions for print production which may include color specification, folds, bleeds and other print production instructions.
- May as needed meet with client to present design concept ideas.
- Performs administrative duties including deadline management, proper organization and archiving of files, completes job logs and follows paperwork process accurately.
- May prepare series of drawings to illustrate sequence and timing of story development for campaigns
- Stay current with design trends and emerging design practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphics Design or other marketing/communications related field.
- A combination of experience and education may be substituted upon supervisor’s approval.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in marketing or communications, preferably supporting multiple internal or external clients in a high traffic design environment.
- Specific background must include broad design experience in all types of medium.
- Must have portfolio of work examples in a variety of medium (printed materials, advertisements, graphics, multimedia, etc.) for review.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Please attach copies of your portfolio to your application
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.