Grand Canyon Education - Assistant Graphic Designer
GCE Marketing - Assistant Graphic Designer (NFWS)
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is seeking Assistant Graphic Designers to support the mission of Grand Canyon University through GCE's Marketing department.
The purpose of this position is to collaborate with and/or assist Marketing team members to strategize, concept and execute creative projects.
Responsibilities Related to Purpose:
- Collaboratively ideate, develop, and design large-scale creative campaigns.
- Implement conceptual direction to produce print and digital collateral while adhering to brand standards.
- Actively seek and openly receive feedback for your work.
- Work closely with designers, copywriters, and project managers to deliver the utmost attention to craft and detail on every project.
- Assist full-time team of creatives in executing design content needs as they arise.
- *** MUST PROVIDE PORTFOLIO samples, please attach your file, or provide your URL. Applicants without portfolio samples will NOT be considered. ***
- Portfolio with samples of work, showcasing skillset is required.
- Full-time GCU student working toward BA in Advertising and Graphic Design.
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Basic understanding of typography, color, and composition.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Public speaking and presentation skills are required and a part of the job.
- Ability to understand and follow internal processes.
- Nimble creative and strategic thinking skills.
- Strong attention to detail, organized and self-motivated.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as member of a remote team.
Grand Canyon University is committed to a student first policy. Therefore, all applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements to be considered for student employment:
- Enrolled at GCU as a full-time student in a Bachelor’s program or Master’s program.
- Retain a 2.0 GPA as a Bachelor level student or a 3.0 GPA as a Master level student.
- Maintain good financial and academic (SAP) standing with the University.
You may be subject to termination if you fall below the minimum requirements.
- Sitting: 4-8 hours a day
- Standing: 0 hours a day
- Walking: 0 hours a day
- Lifting: Never
- Carrying: Never
- Pushing: Never
- Bending: Never
- Squatting: Never
- Kneeling: Never
- Climbing: Never
- Reaching: Never
- Grasping: Continuously
- Fine Eye to Hand Coordination: Continuously
- Driving: Never
- Work Environment: Office building on site. Work performed is primarily inside, subject to variations in temperature and weather, equipment noise and dust.
- Organized training sessions from industry leaders with over 30+ years of experience.
- Mentoring and support from our full-time team of creatives.
- Complete range of training courses and projects to enable you to be a driving force in your professional development and help you on your career trajectory.
- Create award-winning campaigns and submit to local and national design award competitions - our students have won numerous awards including Student Gold, Silver and Bronze Addys.
- Additional learning opportunities through tours, LinkedIn Learning and Phoenix Design Week’s yearly conference.
- Build lasting career connections by working at one of the largest ad agencies in The Valley.
Pay Rate: Minimum Wage
Anticipated End Date: June 30, 2023
Number of Openings: 2
Manager: Department - Jason Boesel, Senior Graphic Designer
Currently working at GCU/GCE? Please be sure to apply internally through your Employee Workday account!