GCU Live Lesson Presenter- Traditional Ground Campus
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is an educational service company that provides an array of support services in the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still supports and works closely with GCU. GCE designs and develops educational programs for GCU and other traditional campus institutions, as well as online partner institutions at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels.
Grand Canyon Education is seeking a GCU Live Lesson Presenter to present lesson plans to high school and community college classes, clubs, and organizations through online technology. This position is responsible for ensuring participants experience an academically engaging presentation.
- Presents a variety of educational lesson plans which demonstrate GCU’s academic excellence through online technology and occasionally in-person.
- Delivers presentations with warmth, professionalism, enthusiasm, and in a manner that directly engages students of both high school and college age.
- Provides limited miscellaneous support related to the promotion of lesson plans, customer service tasks, student follow-up, and administrative functions.
- Troubleshoots problems as they arise with little or no direct support.
- Work requires irregular hours including some nights and weekends.
- Adheres to all University and/or Department of Education policies, procedures and compliance guidelines.
- Oversee student workers who provide support to the GCU Live Lesson program.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution
- Previous experience giving presentations, tours, or other customer-facing experiences is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices; ability to meet customer service standards.
- Highly proficient in verbal communications; adept at modifying style of communication to meet a variety of constituents.
- Able to work independently and maintain customer service level required by management.
- Intermediate skill level in being able to grasp learning concepts with unfamiliar topics s and able to relay information in a way to ensure collective understanding.
- Able to work in a high-volume, fast-paced work environment with constant presentations on a daily basis at varied hours of the day.
- Able to maintain professional composure under stress.
- Able to provide a positive example to students by supporting partner universities’ vision and mission.
- Must be reliable in maintaining daily work schedule of lesson presentations.
- Ability to identify potential issues or shortcomings in lessons and presentations in order to recommend improvements or advancements with management and internal stakeholders.
- Able to modify, develop and create a variety of communication styles during the lesson presentation to maintain audience interest and engagement.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasons for decisions; understands business implication for decisions.
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Office suite, (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) and comfortable with navigating and maneuvering other databases and software, becoming proficient with GCU systems within a short period of time.
- Must have own vehicle to travel to local in-person lessons, valid driver's license, and clean driving record
- Flexibility with working varying schedules, including some holidays, weekends and a willingness to stay late to accomplish events
- Cannot be delinquent or in default on a federal student loan as verified in your credit report. If in a rehabilitation program, your credit report must reflect that you are current, not delinquent, on your payments.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com