GCU Live Lesson Junior Presenter (NFWS)
LL Job Description
Ground Operations - GCU Live Lesson Junior Presenter (NFWS)
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is seeking a Junior Presenter to support the mission of Grand Canyon University through GCE's Ground Operations - GCU Live Lessons department.
Purpose within the Organization:
The purpose of this position is to assist GCE’s Ground Admissions department’s GCU Live Lessons operations unit with presenting academically-based, live-streamed lessons while taking part in various reporting and administrative duties, promoting a welcoming environment to prospective students through the live-streams, and assisting staff with day-to-day duties.
Responsibilities Related to Purpose:
- Presents a wide range of educational materials to both high school and community college students using an online live-stream platform.
- Memorizes scripts for designated lesson plans and follows spoken or written instructions well.
- Collaborates with GCU and GCE staff, as well as prospective students, professionally.
- Implements effective communication and presentation strategies to represent GCU's academic excellence.
- Troubleshoots problems as they arise with little or no direct support.
- Comfortable operating technology including audio and visual equipment used for live-streams.
- Provides support to full-time employees through the completion of promotional and administrative tasks including scheduling and reporting of lessons.
- Represents GCU professionally and in a positive light by sharing personal student experiences as necessary.
- Stays within time constraints for each lesson and manages time well while completing all scheduled lessons for the day.
- Fast learner who works independently and completes required tasks with the highest quality of work.
- Facilitates consistent and quality presentations, while demonstrating the ability to cater each lesson to its audience.
- Effectively and respectfully trains fellow student workers as needed.
- Maintains a professional appearance including cleanliness and attire that reflects the University's values.
Equipment Used and Responsibility:
- MS Office
- Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Able to work 20 hours per week during Fall and Spring semester.
- Able to work during Summer and other breaks preferred, but not required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Friendly, enthusiastic, proactive, self-assured, organized, and dependable.
- Organized, articulate, and skilled in verbal communication.
- Outstanding customer service and communication skills.
- Confidence using MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with regularity.
- Takes pride in work (accuracy is more important than speed).
- Comfortable multi-tasking on occasion.
- Willing to work in an in-person environment on a regular basis.
Grand Canyon Education is committed to a student-first policy. Therefore, all applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements to be considered for student employment:
- Enrolled at GCU as a full-time student in a Bachelor’s program or Master’s program.
- Retain a 2.0 GPA as a Bachelor level student or a 3.0 GPA as a Master level student.
- Maintain good financial and academic (SAP) standing with the University.
You may be subject to termination if you fall below the minimum requirements.
- Sitting: 2-3 hours a day
- Standing:1-2 hours a day
- Walking: 1-2 Hours a day
- Lifting: Occasionally
- Carrying: Occasionally
Pay Rate: Minimum Wage
Anticipated End Date: June 30, 2024