GCU Hotel Housekeeping & Laundry Attendant (NFWS)
The GCU Hotel Housekeeping & Laundry Attendant will ensure the hotel guest rooms and guest laundry are cleaned and processed according to hotel standards. This position will assist in all areas of the hotel rooms division to ensure the guests staying with us have an excellent in room experience.
Primary Responsibilities/Accountabilities/Essential Functions:
- Performs daily deep cleaning of guestrooms, storage areas and laundry areas as assigned.
- Obtains vacancy, arrivals and departures reports and special requests for rooms and adheres to them whenever possible.
- Checks for items that are not operable and/or in need of repair and reports such items to Operations Manager.
- Replenishes all supplies and amenities in guestrooms as required.
- Transports trash and waste to proper disposal area.
- Assists with monthly linen and supply inventory and laundry when requested.
- Follows lost and found procedures.
- Greets guests, responds effectively to guest concerns and requests. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Works closely with Front Desk in keeping room status reports up to date through notification of all check outs, late check outs, early check-ins, new reservations, room moves, special requests, stay overs and room availability.
Equipment Used and Responsibility:
- A minimum of one year experience in customer service or hospitality industry.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Able to work well independently with little supervision.
- Promote positive relationships in communication and cooperation with all coworkers and guests.
- Strong attention to detail to ensure room cleanliness standards are met.
- Ability to learn and follow all safety, emergency and accident prevention procedures.
- Must be fluent in English, ability to read and write.
- Must be able to have flexible schedule, which includes nights, weekends and holidays if needed.
Grand Canyon University is committed to a student first policy. Therefore, all applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements to be considered for student employment:
- Enrolled at GCU as a full-time student in a Bachelor’s program or Master’s program.
- Retain a 2.0 GPA as a Bachelor level student or a 3.0 GPA as a Master level student.
- Maintain good financial and academic (SAP) standing with the University.
You may be subject to termination if you fall below the minimum requirements.
* Standing: 4-8 hours a day
* Walking: 4-8 hours a day
* Lifting: Frequently
* Carrying: Frequently
* Pushing: Frequently
* Bending: Frequently
* Squatting: Occasionally
* Kneeling: Occasionally
* Climbing: Rarely
* Reaching: Occasionally
* Grasping: Frequently
* Fine Eye to Hand Coordination: Continuously
* Driving: Occasionally golf carts
* Work Environment: GCU Hotel on site. Work performed is inside / outside, subject to variations in temperature and weather, equipment noise and dust.
Pay Rate: Minimum Wage
Anticipated End Date: June 30, 2024