GCE Ad Agency - Assistant Copywriter (NFWS)
Are you a creative who cringes at spelling errors? As part of the remote creative team for GCE’s professional advertising agency, you will have the opportunity to play with words and gain real-world experience in transforming big ideas into persuasive copy across print, broadcast and digital applications. You will collaborate with marketing team members, crafting clear, concise and compelling copy that maintains brand voice and resonates with diverse target audiences. We are seeking someone with excellent writing and interpersonal skills, who is self-motivated, well-organized and eager to learn.
Primary Responsibilities/Accountabilities/Essential Functions:
- Revise, edit and proofread copy, checking for spelling and grammar errors.
- Research client products and services, develop concepts and write persuasive copy for ads and marketing materials.
- Apply general knowledge of marketing principles and techniques to assist in creating copy for both digital and traditional marketing methods/channels (i.e., brochures, flyers, posters, postcards, direct mail, billboards, apparel, emails, landing pages, microsites, social media, video, radio, etc.).
- Assist as a member of the creative team to assess and recommend communication opportunities, channels, promotional mix and methods.
- Participate in meetings, including creative brainstorming.
- Keep marketing management informed of progress.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills to influence and inspire, including the ability to interpret and apply copy guidelines and write/edit assets for strategic marketing campaigns in a high-volume, high-demand environment with ever-changing goals and priorities.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite and ability to learn project management software.
- Professional Writing for New Media/communications/advertising (or related) major preferred.
- Must be available to work 16-20 hours a week during the regular semester. During summer, you have the option to work up to 40 hours a week.
- Must provide resume and original writing samples (portfolio). In lieu of a portfolio, you may demonstrate your writing skills by submitting the following writing assignments in one PDF file: 1. Draft an email (max. 50 words) highlighting one (or several) of Grand Canyon Coffee Company’s (GCBC) coffee drinks to students who live on campus. Be sure to include a catchy subject line. 2. Write a billboard message (max. 7 words) promoting GCU’s nursing college. 3. Create a 15-second radio script (max. 30 words) encouraging students to enroll at GCU for the following semester.
- Sitting: up to 8 hours a day
- Standing: 0 hours a day
- Walking: 0 hours a day
- Lifting: Rarely
- Carrying: Rarely
- Pushing: Never
- Bending: Never
- Squatting: Never
- Kneeling: Never
- Climbing: Never
- Reaching: Occasionally
- Grasping: Occasionally
- Fine Eye-to-Hand Coordination: Continuously
- Driving: Never
- Work Environment: Remote work from a personal computer. Work performed is primarily inside, subject to variations in temperature and weather, equipment noise and dust.
Grand Canyon University is committed to a student-first policy. Therefore, all applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements to be considered for student employment:
- Enrolled at GCU as a full-time student in a bachelor’s program or master’s program.
- Retain a 2.0 GPA as a bachelor-level student or a 3.0 GPA as a master-level student.
- Maintain good financial and academic (SAP) standing with the university.
You may be subject to termination if you fall below the minimum requirements.
Number of Openings: 2
Manager: Marketing - Sr. Copywriter
Pay Rate: Minimum Wage
Anticipated End Date: June 30, 2024