Grand Canyon Education, formerly part of Grand Canyon University, became its own entity in July 2018 after the HLC approved GCU’s application to become a nonprofit institution. GCE will work in close partnership with GCU. Moreover, many positions with GCE are located on GCU’s main campus.
Grand Canyon University is seeking a Fulfillment Administrator. This position works under and provides assistance to the Marketing Department’s Fulfillment function in the timely shipping and receiving of Marketing materials, collateral, equipment, promotional and print material.
- Verifies and maintains records of marketing collateral and equipment, promotional items, print items and displays.
- Prepares items for shipment by pulling items from shelves/warehouse if necessary, assembles items or equipment, packing, prints labels, affixes postages and ships material.
- Determines best means for shipping and arranges carrier as necessary for pick-up and delivery. Ensures shipments are made within specified timelines which may include short notice.
- Contacts off-site warehouse to order shipments and follows through as necessary.
- Delivers or routes materials to department’s on-campus.
- Maintains an inventory of shipping materials and supplies and replenishes as necessary.
- Receives returned shipments and examines contents, determines need for repairs if necessary and compares contents with records.
- Receives shipments and unloads manually or via hand truck, dolly, etc. and places shipment in storage area(s).
- Ensures storage area(s) for shipping material are organized neatly and orderly.
- Using software, prepares reports for inventory purposes or management review, ordering supplies or for inputting, reviewing and correcting information.
- Keeps current on inventory or counts of supplies maintained in the off-site warehouse(s).
- Keeps staff informed of damaged supplies, equipment or exhibits and makes recommendations regarding repair or replacement. May assist in repairing as needed.
- Responds to management and marketing requests.
- On occasion, may be required to work weekends, holidays or outside of normal business hours.
- Keeps abreast of shipping regulations, costs and available freight services.
- Observes and follows safety precautions at all times and notifies appropriate staff of any unsafe conditions.
- High school education or the equivalent.
- One year experience in shipping/receiving, warehousing or similar relevant work experience.
- Familiar with shipping processes, procedures and methods including USPS, express services and freight.
- Familiarity with ordering processes and supply management/ inventory maintenance.
- An attention to detail.
- Must be able to work quickly and efficiently to meet time constraints.
- Ability to use good judgment and prioritize along with flexibility to adapt to changing priorities professionally.
- Familiarity with supply/warehouse coding systems is helpful.
- Familiarity with safety regulations and precautions.
- Physical capabilities to lift, carry or move up to 70 pounds.
- Ability to stand, walk, kneel, stoop, bend, reach for periods of time.
- Must possess basic math skills and reading comprehension.
- A cooperative team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff with a good command of the English language.
- Familiarity with MS Office Suite software: Outlook, Excel and Word primarily.
- Very good planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems preferred.
- Willingness to work occasional overtime, weekends or holidays.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000023805