Front End Development Manager - Remote
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is an educational service company that provides an array of support services in the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still supports and works closely with GCU. GCE designs and develops educational programs for GCU and other traditional campus institutions, as well as online partner institutions at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels.
Grand Canyon Education is seeking a Front End Development Manager.
- Authors new user-facing feature which enhance usability, accessibility and performance.
- Collaborates with UI/UX designers to ensure the technical feasibility of user interface and user experience designs.
- Collaborates with back-end developers in development of new and existing web services and server rendered pages.
- Collaborates efficiently with back end team to deliver integrated, solid and tested solutions.
- Collaborates with Business Analyst, Digital Marketing Specialist and/or Sr. Web Development Manager on large scale, overarching projects/initiatives as they relate to optimization of digital properties.
- Builds functionality with reusable code and authors new libraries with a focus on future reusability.
- Assists with the development of test automation used in verifying conformity of front-end code to functional requirements, web standards, and accessibility standards.
- Assists in the gathering of requirements and development of documentation surrounding web development projects.
- Assists in project planning and execution throughout the entire software development lifecycle.
- Analyzes, reviews and modifies web functionality by maintaining, documenting, testing, developing and monitoring various forms of data and functionality.
- Works with management to define, implement, and maintain front-end development practices and procedures for web development projects within the marketing department.
- Responsible for continuously analyzing and auditing the front-end development process for improvement; makes sound, logical recommendations and executes approved recommendations timely.
- Continuously researches front-end development standards and best practices, makes recommendations to management with regard to improving marketing’s front-end development process.
- Responsible for understanding and analyzing effectiveness of overall business objectives and the technical implementation of GCU’s marketing websites and web applications with the goal of performance optimization and improving user experience.
- Coordinates the release of products with all relevant stakeholders.
- Manages the relationship between the Student Agency and the Front-End Development Team.
- Conducts training sessions with the Student Agency to teach and mentor them on best practices in front-end development.
- Mentor team members in project work.
- Review other team members’ work as required to ensure timely completion and expected quality.
- Reviews workflow to ensure it meets established standards.
- In absence of department head, provide hands on support for daily operations.
- Assist in setting front-end development design and architectural standards.
- Assist in quality assurance as required for all front-end development projects.
- Embraces change and provides guidance to prerequisite Front-End Developers and marketing interns as it relates to adapting to new technologies, methodologies and change management
- Assists in team "teaching/mentoring" sessions through educating on front-end development concepts, customer service/relationship building or other soft skills to enhance the productivity of the overall team and department.
- On larger projects, acts as a liaison between front-end developers and management within the marketing department to communicate and oversee discussions and new initiatives in front-end development trends, changes in technology, etc.
- Drives design innovation by taking calculated risks in web development.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (computer science, information technology, etc.) from a regionally accredited institution and minimum of 4 years’ of experience building web applications.
- 5 years’ of work experience building web applications with an unrelated bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- 6 years’ of work experience building web applications with an associate’s degree from an accredited institution.
- 2+ years of experience with React, Angular or Vue.
- 2+ years of experience working on a team using agile methodologies.
- Experience working on a team utilizing GIT for source code management.
- Preferred 2+ years of experience as developer in GCU team.
- Preferred 1+ years of experience working with Drupal.
- Preferred 1+ years of experience working with Wordpress.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.