Front End Developer - US Remote Opportunity
Come Grow With Us
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is a rapidly growing educational service company that has long been an industry leader in providing educational, operational and technological support services to the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still works closely with GCU to benefit thousands of students, families and the local inner-city community. We put people first, drive innovation, and do good in the community that we live and work in.
Please Note: This is a Remote position and can be worked from anywhere in the US. Must be able to work 8-5 AZ time, as needed for meetings.
Grand Canyon Education is seeking an experienced, passionate and motivated Front-End Developer with relevant experience developing complex solutions using modern front-end frameworks.
This role is fully remote with a full benefits package including tuition benefits for you and your family. The position is highly collaborative with many opportunities to learn and grow your skillset. You’ll have teammates on your side to support you and push your work to the next level.
Day to day, you will be challenged to develop reusable components, brainstorm future-proof solutions, collaborate with knowledgeable and friendly teammates, and learn new and exciting technology. Being able to see the direct impact your work makes for GCE’s higher education clients and helping students on the road to achieve their educational goals and find their passion in life is what makes this role so exciting.
Who you are:
You are passionate about front-end development and developing cutting-edge solutions to common and uncommon front-end problems. Over the last few years, you have developed many successful front-end solutions.
You are passionate about learning about emerging technologies that increase the efficiency, reliability, and integration of your front-end development work.
You take great joy in collaborating with your fellow front-end development team members and learning more about best practices, proper development procedures, and troubleshooting issues.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop. You will develop reusable components used across many websites
- Test. You will use your eye for detail to test your work to ensure it meets design, accessibility and mobile standards
- Solution. You will solve interesting problems day-to-day that involve creative and innovative solutions
- Collaborate. You will seek out the knowledge of other team members and offer helpful knowledge to others
The role might be right for you if you have:
- A passion for WordPress. You live, breathe and eat WordPress. You know how to build custom blocks. Gutenberg blocks excite you and you know how to extend existing core blocks. You look at the WordPress roadmap and know what's on the way.
- Outstanding time management skills. You are able to manage multiple projects simultaneously without sacrificing time or quality.
- Collaboration skills. You are a collaborative thought leader in the front-end technology space.
- A drive to succeed. You are able to shift focus and get up to speed quickly on complex problems and solutions.
- Technical expertise and experience. You have education and/or relevant experience developing with HTML, SASS, PHP, React, TypeScript, and ES6 for modern and legacy web browsers. You have developed numerous WordPress websites professionally. You understand node, NPM, webpack, Gulp, Grunt and other tools. You have been exposed to git, branch management, pipelines, and continuous integration. You have heard of containerized development and spinning up local development environments.
- Accessibility Experience. You have an understanding of section 508 and WCAG 2.1 AA accessibility compliance. You have used testing tools to ensure your code is accessibility compliant.
- Self-management. You are able to manage yourself, your time and your projects. You are continuously meeting deadlines and never have to be reminded to do something.
Bonus points if you have:
- Relevant experience developing sites in the educational workspace
- Experience developing Gutenberg blocks in Drupal or WordPress
What we’ll offer in return:
- Experience working with cutting-edge front-end solutions and technology
- A stronger development portfolio that shows a great attention to detail, the ability to solve complex problems, and development work that reflect modern designs
- Working alongside a highly collaborative and friendly team who thrive on teaching each other new and interesting solutions to our common problems
- A fully remote working opportunity
- Educational advancement opportunities and tuition benefits
- A very highly competitive salary and benefits package and more!