Financial Relations Liaison
Grand Canyon Education is seeking a Finance Relations Liaison. The primary function of the Finance Relations Liaison is to build campus relations by assisting Finance and Student Service Managers and Regional Directors with timely and accurate resolution on Title IV and Scholarship packaging and triaging service request systems (SRS) requests.
- Serve as the primary contact for campus managers and director and promote the operations of the Office of Financial Aid.
- Develop highly functioning relationships with the campus contacts.
- Maintain current knowledge on all Title IV regulations relevant to processes.
- Maintain general knowledge of internal processes and procedures for accurate account review.
- Triage of SRS requests within standard timeframes.
- Clarify and communicate Student Service Advisor requests and Financial Aid Specialist responses.
- Assist in resolving escalated student issues through problem solving and interoffice communication.
- Recognize and initiate knowledge sharing, and development opportunities implemented through emails, phone calls, SRS communication and on-site visits.
- Work closely with department management to assist in reaching defined goals.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution is preferred.
- 1 to 3 years of financial aid experience, preferable in loan packaging and origination.
- 1 to 3 years’ customer service preferred.
- Work experience with CampusVue or other financial aid software systems/database(s) (such as Banner) is preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and relevant work experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved may be substituted upon supervisor’s approval.
- Knowledge of Title IV regulations.
- Sound judgment and critical thinking skills particularly as pertaining to more complex matters. The effects of errors in judgment can be detrimental to students and damage the reputation of the University with regard to student enrollment and financial aid.
- Good organizational ability and strategy.
- Ability to deal professionally and appropriately with diverse populations.
- Must be willing to work overtime when needed.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background investigations.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.