Field Experience Counselor
GCE’s Southeast Division is hiring Field Experience Counselors! If you feel you match the FEC qualifications, apply today.
There are now 2 available positions. Please click on the following link to apply:
NOTE: Only qualified internal applicants will be invited to interview.
Grand Canyon Education is seeking a Field Experience Counselor to coordinate and support the College of Education’s policies, processes and placements of student teacher candidates applying and entering the practicum and/or student teaching phases of the degree program. This position acts as a liaison to Counselors and College of Education by performing the following duties:
- Handles a high volume of out-bound and in-bound student calls while meeting GCE customer service standards.
- Makes initial contact in a timely manner with applying student teachers.
- Coordinates practicum and student teaching requests with the Teacher Placement Specialist.
- Responsible for collecting, verifying and ensuring all requirements and prerequisites of the student teacher applicants are met within required timelines, including:
- Provides advice and guidance to in-state and out-of-state student teacher applicants regarding GCU’s student expectations, processes, contacts, requirements of the student teaching experience and/or practicum.
- Prepares and distributes necessary information to students regarding the program(s).
- Assists with student teaching placement advisement to ensure their ability to graduate.
- Provides positive feedback and encouragement to students.
- Regularly interacts and represents student interests with Academic Counseling and the College of Education.
- Reviews, verifies and ensures student teacher candidates have met all requirements and obligations of the field experience component
- Establishes rapport and positive relationships with students and partnerships with internal stakeholders.
- Creates and maintains relationships with schools and school districts to assist in the placement of College of Education students.
- Encourages students to ensure they are on track with meeting specific placement requirements.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to effectively answer and respond to high volume calls.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and successfully manage assigned caseloads.
- Ability to develop positive student relationships and partnerships with internal stakeholders.
- Ability to work cohesively in a team-based environment.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Effective communications skills.
- Self-motivated and action oriented.
- Ability to maintain highly sensitive or confidential student information.
- Proficient with standard office computer programs.
- Ability to communicate in a non-English language is helpful, but not required.
- Willingness to work in a call center.
- Ability to learn complex information and succinctly provide requirements to students.
- Must be able to pass background investigations.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
Starting salary is $38,000 per year; however this role offers a tenure-based compensation plan which includes annual increases.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com