Field Experience Counselor - Online Division (Hybrid AZ) College of Nursing and Health Care Professions - Grand Canyon University
Come Grow With Us
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is a rapidly growing educational service company that has long been an industry leader in providing educational, operational and technological support services to the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still works closely with GCU to benefit thousands of students, families and the local inner-city community. We put people first, drive innovation, and do good in the community that we live and work in.
Join us at Grand Canyon Education's College of Nursing and Health Care Professions and begin a career in helping Nursing students succeed as a Field Experience Counselor to coordinate key aspects of clinical and practicum activities. This position acts as a liaison to faculty members and students by performing the below duties.
Who you are:
You are a self-motivated person who is passionate about the power of education. Over the years, you’ve demonstrated success in customer service and account management. You aren’t afraid to hustle to make it happen for your students and team.
As a Field Experience Counselor, a typical week might include the following:
- Collects and tracks immunization and health and safety documentation required for clinical and practicum rotations.
- Ensures students meet all required deadlines and notifies appropriate parties of non-compliance.
- Communicates to students and faculty before documentation expires or a file becomes out of date.
- Assists with placement of students in practicum, clinical rotations, including monitoring site issues.
- Handles high volume of outbound and inbound student calls while meeting GCU customer service standards.
- Establishes rapport and relationships with students.
- Encourages students to ensure they are on track with meeting clinical and practicum requirements.
- Works as part of a high-performance team and encourages and supports other team members.
- Handles multiple priorities and tasks in an effective and efficient manner.
The role might be right for you if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; candidates that have relative work experience will be considered.
- 6 months related professional experience in higher education preferred.
- Experience in healthcare settings preferred.
- A combination of education and relevant work experience may be substituted.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, healthcare clients, students, and the general public.
- Ability to handle a high-volume of inbound/outbound calls effectively.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
What we’ll offer in return:
A career where your work makes a difference in students’ lives.
Opportunity to work from home
Ongoing professional development and growth.
Outstanding benefits and work perks.
Generous PTO starting at 20 business day per year, 11.5 paid Holidays, and Tuition Benefits.
Collaborative and supportive work environment...and more!
Starting salary is $38,000 per year; however this role offers a tenure-based compensation plan which includes annual increases.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000047948