Field Experience Counselor - Online Division - Grand Canyon University
Grand Canyon Education, formerly part of Grand Canyon University, became its own entity in July 2018 after the HLC approved GCU’s application to become a nonprofit institution. GCE will work in close partnership with GCU. Moreover, many positions with GCE are located on GCU’s main campus
Grand Canyon Education's College of Nursing and Health Care Professions is seeking a Field Experience Counselor to coordinate key aspects of clinical and practicum activities. This position acts as a liaison to faculty members and students by performing the below duties.
Grand Canyon Education offers a generous benefits package, including 100% tuition-free education for employees through the Master's degree program level and 75% coverage at the Doctorate degree program level. In addition, an employee's spouse, children and dependents are also offered generous tuition benefits.
- Collects and tracks immunization and health and safety documentation required for clinical and practicum rotations.
- Ensures students meet all required deadlines and notifies appropriate parties of non-compliance.
- Communicates to students and faculty before documentation expires or a file becomes out of date.
- Assists with placement of students in practicum, clinical rotations, including monitoring site issues.
- Handles high volume of outbound and inbound student calls while meeting GCU customer service standards.
- Establishes rapport and relationships with students.
- Encourages students to ensure they are on track with meeting clinical and practicum requirements.
- Works as part of a high-performance team and encourages and supports other team members.
- Handles multiple priorities and tasks in an effective and efficient manner.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; candidates that have relative work experience will be considered.
- 6 months related professional experience in higher education preferred.
- Experience in healthcare settings preferred.
- A combination of education and relevant work experience may be substituted.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, healthcare clients, students, and the general public.
- Ability to handle a high-volume of inbound/outbound calls effectively.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
What we’ll offer in return:
A career where your work makes a difference in students’ lives.
Opportunity to work from home
Ongoing professional development and growth.
Outstanding benefits and work perks.
Generous PTO starting at 20 business day per year, 11.5 paid Holidays, and Tuition Benefits.
Collaborative and supportive work environment. ...and more!
Starting salary is $38,000 per year; however this role offers a tenure-based compensation plan which includes annual increases.
Pay: up to $38,000/year
...and more!</p></li></ul><p><p><b>Starting salary is $38,000 per year</b>; however this role offers a tenure-based compensation plan which includes annual increases.</p><p><p>
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000038664