Field Experience Counselor - Online Division - College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
Grand Canyon Education, formerly part of Grand Canyon University, became its own entity in July 2018 after the HLC approved GCU’s application to become a nonprofit institution. GCE will work in close partnership with GCU. Moreover, many positions with GCE are located on GCU’s main campus
Grand Canyon Education's College of Nursing and Health Care Professions is seeking a Field Experience Counselor to coordinate key aspects of clinical and practicum activities. This position acts as a liaison to faculty members and students by performing the below duties.
- Collects and tracks immunization and health and safety documentation required for clinical and practicum rotations.
- Ensures students meet all required deadlines and notifies appropriate parties of non-compliance.
- Communicates to students and faculty before documentation expires or a file becomes out of date.
- Assists with placement of students in practicum, clinical rotations, including monitoring site issues.
- Handles high volume of outbound and inbound student calls while meeting GCU customer service standards.
- Establishes rapport and relationships with students.
- Encourages students to ensure they are on track with meeting clinical and practicum requirements.
- Works as part of a high-performance team and encourages and supports other team members.
- Handles multiple priorities and tasks in an effective and efficient manner.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university.
- 6 months related professional experience in higher education preferred.
- Experience in healthcare settings preferred.
- A combination of education and relevant work experience may be substituted.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, healthcare clients, students, and the general public.
- Ability to handle a high-volume of inbound/outbound calls effectively.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
Starting salary is $38,000 per year; however this role offers a tenure-based compensation plan which includes annual increases.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.