Come Grow With Us
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is a rapidly growing educational service company that has long been an industry leader in providing educational, operational and technological support services to the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still works closely with GCU to benefit thousands of students, families and the local inner-city community. We put people first, drive innovation, and do good in the community that we live and work in.
Grand Canyon Educations’ Faculty Development department is seeking a full time Faculty Specialist. This position will assist with the research, planning, and facilitation of faculty development training and workshops that focus on best practices in higher education pedagogy in order to enhance teaching and student learning in the traditional campus classrooms. This position will be responsible for supporting both the online faculty and the ground faculty.
Please Note, this is a Hybrid Role, where you’ll work from home and in the office, 2-3 days a week. Must be able to work 9am - 6pm daily.
- Facilitate, evaluate, and document faculty training events. Review, process, and document faculty evaluations.
- Conduct classroom investigations, coach faculty as necessary and document outcomes
- Supporting faculty in classroom management, teaching strategies, effective feedback practices, and other various aspects of higher education teaching.
- Work collaboratively with college teams to train, support and develop effective instructors through data analysis, development events, and strategic meetings.
- Assist in planning and facilitating professional development in Higher Ed pedagogy for faculty.
- Research topics, trends, etc. and plans, prepares and delivers training, classroom, presentation, workshop, and/or e-learning courses.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in a related field from an accredited institution required
- Experience working in post-secondary setting preferred.
- 3-5 years post-secondary teaching experience
- Must work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Must pass pre-employment background investigation.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
#gce #gcu #faculty #training #development #highereducation #hybrid