Faculty Scheduler II
Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff and faculty candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Grand Canyon Education, formerly part of Grand Canyon University, became its own entity in July 2018 after the Higher Learning Commission approved GCU’s application to become a nonprofit institution. GCE will work in close partnership with GCU. Moreover, many positions with GCE are located on GCU’s main campus.
Grand Canyon Education's Faculty Services department is seeking a full time Faculty Scheduler. Faculty Schedulers independently perform specialized and complex technical work in scheduling GCU online, ground and cohort adjuncts and faculty members to assigned sections as well as reporting faculty recruiting needs. Also responsible for the use and training of the University’s CRM software and student information systems in coordinating scheduling activity.
- Acts as primary point of contact and liaison with colleges on a range of complex scheduling, course modifications, operational and administrative issues related to academic course offerings and special assignments.
- Maintains current and accurate class schedule data and communicates directly with faculty to ensure effective and efficient assignment of sections for all class delivery methods.
- Responds to University Scheduling correspondence within one business day.
- Develops and sustains expertise on software applications including XRM, Campus Vue and internal university systems.
- Enters pay and adjustments according to scale and position with 99% accuracy.
- Ensures that classes are scheduled advance based on projections in accordance with University requirements.
- Ensures that all faculty/adjuncts are utilized accordingly.
- Works with the adjunct recruiters, colleges and OFTD on replacements and communication of course evaluation changes and requests.
- Works and communicates with Classroom Operations and Colleges on program changes and understands criteria and program information.
- Attends all program and college related functions in accordance to college and programs assigned.
- Assists as needed with internal and external departments to coordinate trainings, mentorships, and peer reviews ensuring they are staffed and scheduled in accordance to process.
- Assists in updating and maintaining accurate faculty files to meet accrediting standards.
- Creates and maintains various department metrics using Excel and XRM system.
- Continually develops and maintains technical skills for high quality levels of technical support for end users.
- Performs file and document management audits as well as data entry.
- Maintains policies and procedures to insure the security and integrity of technology installations, resources, and services.
- A Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university is required.
- Minimum of 2 years’ customer-service/administrative, or related, work experience.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
- Must be able to organize, pay close attention to detail and prioritize.
- Effective time management and multi-tasking skill.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment, or effectively independently.
- Good verbal and written communications skills with a good command of the English language.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
- Experience with CampusVue or another database scheduling system desired but not required
- Self-directed learning of new technology applications quickly and efficiently.
- Sense of urgency when responding to emergency or on-call situations in a timely manner.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.
If you’re interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.
For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.com
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R000016371