Grand Canyon University’s Faculty Services department is seeking a full time Faculty Recruiter. This position will be responsible for proactively leading the colleges’ recruiting process by identifying interested and qualified candidates from internal and external sources for both online and ground adjunct opportunities.
- Reviews the University’s new college programs and course approvals and develops a pipeline of potential internal candidates for upcoming courses and manages staffing goals within timeframes; retires course approvals as needed.
- Leads the recruiting process in identifying qualified candidates, developing and maintaining pipelines and meeting staffing goals.
- Retrieves potential candidates from internal databases and screens backgrounds by ensuring validity of credentials such as education level, accreditation of degree program, college/university, etc. through reviewing transcripts, research and similar methods.
- Contacts candidates by phone or other available means to determine availability, interest level, confirm credentials, training availability, and other job requirements and forwards qualified candidates on to appropriate college for further disposition; occasionally meets candidates in person and acquires additional qualifying information; tracks and maintains progress of candidates through the screening and hiring process.
- Develops strong working relationships with appropriate staff within GCU’s colleges.
- Using appropriate software, creates records ensuring accurate and complete information according to workflow requirements; recommends and creates more efficient workflow processes; retrieves information from software/databases for reporting purposes and performance metrics.
- Collaborates and liaises with Human Resources as necessary on requisitions, systems, onboarding, etc.
- Develops and maintains staffing metrics, analyzes staffing needs and provides recommendations.
- Ensures compliance with Human Resources policies and programs with regard to the hiring practices of candidates, federal and state employment law, governing bodies such as HLC and DOE and government reporting requirements, etc..
- Ensures the validity and currency of existing adjunct incumbents’ credentials and may assist with maintaining training rosters.
- Remains current on trends and developments of accrediting bodies.
- Performs other related assignments as necessary.
- A bachelor’s degree in human resources, business or a related field is required
- Master’s or graduate degree is preferred.
- Two years’ experience recruiting, interviewing and evaluating professional-level candidates.
- Knowledgeable of recruiting, interviewing techniques and processes preferably for instructors within Higher Education.
- Knowledge and understanding of College/University accrediting agency requirements helpful.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and team oriented skills with the ability to work within a structured environment and ability to handle difficult situations and people in a diplomatic manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills which includes speaking before groups of customers.
At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff candidates will be asked to review GCE’s staff expectations as part of the application process.
Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizona’s premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.